fire burnouts and bleach burnouts

-

pagilman

Reaction score
Can some of you older members recall the fire burnouts and bleaching the tires? Back in the late 60's when I was in the service it was a craze on the west coast to light the burnout liquid at night, for effect I guess. It was soon outlawed but man was it cool to see a funny car coming out of the flames. Does anyone know what excellerant they used? Also when they used to pour bleach on the tires before the burnout, was this really clorox?

OLD MOPARS NEVER DIE THEY JUST BURNOUT INTO THE SUNSET!!!!! :thumblef:

fire.gif

Man, I remember TV Tommy Ivo doing two spectacular fire burnouts at Detroit Dragway around 1971. Like you said, at night it was awesome. I think they just used some nitromethane and just lit it and did their burnout. There's a picture in the newest Drag Racing Action magazine of one. As far as the bleach, it would just make some really white smoke. Didn't really do anything that water wouldn't.

don

dusterdon said:
Man, I remember TV Tommy Ivo doing two spectacular fire burnouts at Detroit Dragway around 1971. Like you said, at night it was awesome. I think they just used some nitromethane and just lit it and did their burnout. There's a picture in the newest Drag Racing Action magazine of one. As far as the bleach, it would just make some really white smoke. Didn't really do anything that water wouldn't.

don

Strange I thought it made tires sticker?

-
Back