First 8.75 build. Plz Help

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
well i think i have everything except for the ring gear bolts, adjuster wheels lock bolts, and carrier bearing races, and the little "shims" that go on the pinion between the bearings and "sleeve".

so i am looking for a exploded diagram of a 8.75 with a 741 preferablly but just need to see what it should look like.

thanks

cool thanks! one question tho... my 741 has a sleeve between the two pinion bearings, is that just different than a 742?

No that sleeve or spacer sits between the inner and outer bearings, the 489 uses a collapseable sleeve for setting the pinion preload whereas the 41 and 42 use shims for the preload.

No that sleeve or spacer sits between the inner and outer bearings, the 489 uses a collapseable sleeve for setting the pinion preload whereas the 41 and 42 use shims for the preload.

so the shims are to adj backlash and whatnot? or just to set preload?

so the shims are to adj backlash and whatnot? or just to set preload?

The outer shims set the pinion gear preload and the inner shims set the pinion gear depth in relation to the ring gear.

If you're looking for a real good step by step overhaul and setup procedure for the 8 3/4's contact "lhearold" and he'll send ya a CD.

-
Back