First car you ever drove

-
First car I ever STEERED was a 1965 Ford Falcon Futura 2 door sedan. 170, Cruise O Matic three speed, sitting in Daddy's lap, because my five year old legs were nowhere near the pedals. lol

I believe it was an Austin....hard to see when your lil' brother is sitting on the hood.

upload_2022-4-5_18-47-23.jpeg

:lol:

63 Comet 3 on the tree, in my uncle Hoberts lap at age 7 I believe, I drove it on my own that same year, about a month after driving it on a lap, wow, I was up in Michigan during apple season

1968 f100 2wd 6cyl 3 on the tree. Started by riding on my dad's lap at 10 and by 11 i was driving it. I had a hard time depressing the clutch all the way and would grind the gears sometimes. Awesome memories

1968 f100 2wd 6cyl 3 on the tree. Started by riding on my dad's lap at 10 and by 11 i was driving it. I had a hard time depressing the clutch all the way and would grind the gears sometimes. Awesome memories
yes, that truck had a strong clutch spring, I was about 11 when I started driving the farm owners truck to the strawberry field and it was all I could do it seems, great memories you reminded me of.

Didn't we just have this thread?

...or was it on FBBO?

Anyway.....67 pontiac bonneville 4D 400 in that neat turquoise color.

1953 Dodge P/U and 1953 Dodge 4 door both blue. Before I started to school my Dad would get me started on the M&M tractor and step off the back and follow me in the truck a mile down the road from my Granddaddy's. When I got where I was going I would just push the switch in to stop it. Joe

Sitting on my Aunt's lap her 1967 Camaro. The car I first drove and learned to drive on, 1969 Toyota.

My fathers 1964 Chrysler New Yorker, but we were given a 64 VW Bug for everyday. The Bug had the cloth sunroof and was painted white with gold spiderweb in the hood insets.

My uncle taught me how to drive in his 74 VW camper bus... He was an Old hippie I can't ever remember him not smoking weed at the same time when he was driving or teaching...:rolleyes:...

My uncle taught me how to drive in his 74 VW camper bus... He was an Old hippie I can't ever remember him not smoking weed at the same time when he was driving or teaching...:rolleyes:...

Wow, those things were really sloooooooooooow. Friends had one in VA.

Wow, those things were really sloooooooooooow. Friends had one in VA.
Yeah it was slow stick shift and sat over the front tire so the geometry going around corners was a bit different... That and the cloud of weed swirling around my head while I'm trying to drive for the first time LOL...

I believe this thread has been done before as well, anyhoo, car I learned to drive with, and still have is a 1953 Plymouth 2 door Cranbrook, L-head three on the tree.

1964 MGB roadster, I was 10 years old, one of my dad's projects. I also drove the old man’s 1971 Mercury Meteor Rideau 500 that same year.

1959 Chevy Bel Air, up and down the driveway, 3 on the tree, but a 64 Buick LeSabre on the city streets.

-
Back