First Car

-

TurboSlantSix

Reaction score
Hello,
Im new to this forum and wanted to start with posting pictures of my first car. I drove this car in high school before completely rebuilding and customizing it. It was a pretty original no frills slant six 4 door dart. It has the Custom trim package, forest green exterior and gold interior. The car was pretty solid when I got her but the motor was seized from sitting for years outside. I rebuilt the motor at 16 with my dad and drove it in high school. It lasted three days before my first accident when somebody tagged the drivers quarter. I added lowering blocks and backed off the torsion bars right away. Then added a skid plate to protect the bottom. After an unfortunate suspension accident that bent the k frame, she came off the road to be rebuilt. I bought a parts 73 dart and it started out as just a 73 k frame swap to pick up the more common 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern and power disc brakes. One thing led to another and I started getting carried away. I did a custom air ride system with tubular upper control arms. The engine remained in stock form with .040 over pistons that I installed a formula drawthrough turbo charger. It has an electric distributor upgrade with an msd 6btm box to retard the timing under boost. Rectangular box tubing exhaust to fit tight to the floor and exit just in front of the rear drivers tire. All rust patched and complete body repair performed. Two-tone paint with the original gold interior color on the bottom and a nicer green color on top- the stock dark green wasn't my cup of tea but I wanted to keep it close for sentimental reasons! Door handles, door locks, fuel cap, trunk lock and antenna were all deleted. Custom fuel door in the pentastar shape fabricated. All 4 doors have electric poppers with 6 function key fob to operate the doors, and the other two functions raise and lower the airbags! Hidden trunk release switch under dash. 5 switches on dash to control air ride- all corner control, front only, back only, left only, and right only. A stock mopar a/c compressor is the on board air compressor for the airtanks with dual electric back ups. I don't have much drive time after the build yet due to complications with front shocks due to the airbags and a few small things. I hope to get everything ironed out this summer and really put the turbo through its paces. Once the motor grenades, I will redo it with fuel injection and possibly twin turbos or a much larger one with intercoolers.
IMG_3496[1].JPG

Very impressive work, great to see young guys in the hobby.......kuddos to you sir!

-
Back