First classic car

-

EatDart

Reaction score
Hey y’all - would love some direction here. Just got my wife a 1966 Dart GT with a 273ci and auto 3 speed suregrip/posi trans. I’ve been looking around YouTube for some How To videos on oil changes, transmission fluid changes and general maintenance. Once I see a few I’ll get the idea. Do y’all have a place I can find those videos??

That’s our new ride btw!

75444A76-F215-4BB4-B81B-77BC556582EC.jpeg

Sharp ride. :thumbsup: Sorry I can’t help on any videos. A factory service manual would be where to start. Consider it Bible like. Old school all the way, all one really needs.

Welcome, look at the technical forums and post your questions, and go to the Welcome Wagon with more pictures

Many factory service manuals are available at mympoar.com

If your car is not there than another year forward or back should work or a Plymouth vs Dodge for the same body line.

Also at MYMOPAR.COM are Chrysler Tech Videos. Very corny but very good at explaining the systems of these old cars. sometimes you need to go back a couple years or forward a couple.

WORD OF ADVISE... SAVE ANYTHING YOU TAKE OFF OF THE CAR!

SECOND WORD OF ADVICE... TAKE PHOTOS, LOTS OF PHOTOS!

Welcome to for a bodies only! The first step and best step on your journey. I am 3 years into my first classic car which is the same color and year as the first car I owned. From knowing 0%, I am now at maybe 5%? But that 5% is a real lot! As said above, get yourself an original service manual and visit classicwiring.com
Join all the Facebook Dodge Dart groups. Search YouTube. Ask questions in this forum but first do the searches, many topics are already discussed. Find a good local hot rod shop to do the difficult tasks (have patience, they take forever). Think safety when you work on the car: gloves, goggles, use many reliable jack stands if you get under the car (maybe overboard, but I use 6 plus the hydraulic Jack). Making sure your wife’s almost 60 year old car is safe for her to drive is where the first $ should be spent. Also be prepared to spend a lot more $$$ than you ever, ever expected. Have fun!

We specialize in dumb, stupid questions. As you learn more about your new car, don't be afraid to ask questions no matter how silly it seems. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience here.

Get your factory service manual, buy classic car specific motor oil like Amsoil Z Rod oil and a premium oil filter like Wix or Amsoil (wix makes Amsoil filters to Amsoil specifications and it is a better filter). Follow oil manufacture recommendations on service intervals. Stuff is expensive but you won’t be disappointed. I have run Amsoil in my 3 previous new cars(different grade) and it works flawlessly. Amsoil stands behind their products and will repair oil related breakdowns if you follow their service recommendations.

Hey y’all - would love some direction here. Just got my wife a 1966 Dart GT with a 273ci and auto 3 speed suregrip/posi trans. I’ve been looking around YouTube for some How To videos on oil changes, transmission fluid changes and general maintenance. Once I see a few I’ll get the idea. Do y’all have a place I can find those videos??

That’s our new ride btw!

View attachment 1716068374
Very nice ride mate! I have bought an original user manual for my '74 and there's everything you need. You can find a ton of them on Ebay. I have also bought a CD from Detroit Iron Manuals for cheap money; you can also buy their manuals as books, but are quite expensive.
Otherwise I have no address for videos. But this forum is my number 1 when I have a problem.

-
Back