First coat of paint down.....

-

Flatlander

Reaction score
......on our JD 3020 tractor. It's a nice old tractor that was begging to be cleaned up. Time and manure take their toll on equipment and this is a good opportunity to get some paintin' skills.

Greeeeeeen n' ye'llrrrrrrrrrr!!! :headbang:

Ooops, wrong forum.

I did this one 2 years ago for my Dad's 86th birthday. He bought it new in 1949.
Dallas
missourimopar.com

jaws said:
:worthles:
Quit busting my balls will ya!! LOL!!

Wife has camera and it's been raining, rained all last night and will be raining today. Pics WILL be coming. :blob:

Here it is with the first coat of green. It had some electrical and starter issues that I finally straightened out yest. evening. Another coat of green is coming and then paint the canopy and wheels yellow. That tractor enamel sure goes down nice. The shroud and radiator skreens are in the shop. The constant rain over the last several days has hampered anymore work on it.

3020 tractor 007.jpg

3020 tractor 003.jpg

That will be a sweet tractor.
I like the 4020 but that looks just like one. I have never seen a 3020.
Nice :thumbup:

memike said:
That will be a sweet tractor.
I like the 4020 but that looks just like one. I have never seen a 3020.
Nice :thumbup:

You aint kiddin'...I used to live on a pair of 4020s and a 4440 back in the early to mid 80's. Worked up to 10 hrs a day and was a full time student to boot. Man -- I miss farming....

Yep I move and louded apple boxes out of the apple orchards and louded them on trucks when I was not picking them.
And I was invalved with a 4020 that was soup up for tracker pull's.
I liked being 11 years old and the men would tell my mom that I could handel any tractor on the farm. :blob:

I did not have a father just a great mother and grand mother. :)

I'm hoping she turns out nice, those things are the dickens to clean and prep. The 20 series of JD tractors were/are very reliable and are still bringing top dollar, a 4020 in good shape is worth close to 10k(and that's for a 40 year old tractor).

My grandfather used to have a 3020. He traded it in on his newer tractor. He still has his 4020. I hope he never gets rid of that. If he does, I'm sure as heck going to step in and buy it before he trades it.

When my dad and uncle farmed together they had a 4020 and that thing could lug. Darned good tractors.

Flatlander said:
Quit busting my balls will ya!! LOL!!

Wife has camera and it's been raining, rained all last night and will be raining today. Pics WILL be coming. :blob:
Just funnin. :toothy7: Tractors are cool. I have a 53 super M I play with.

Are Super M's wide or tricycle? We had an H, tricycle, many years ago that was a kick in the rear to use.

Mines a wide front. It is fun to play with, nice change of pace.

-
Back