First Dyno

-

DART340

Reaction score
Well I took my car in for a dyno and found out alot. Since adding my intercooler I lost about 3 lbs boost and lost about another 3 due to belt slippage. Normally I had it setup to run 12lbs boost but was only managing about 6.2 lbs. The good news is this can all be fixed. Right now at 6lbs it managed 460hp and 501 ftlbs torque. The shop says I should end up with about 550-575 hp when I get the boost problems solved. So tomorrow I"ll be ordering two new pulleys and a shorter belt. Can't wait to get it right.

Right on!!

What kind of Head Gaskets are you running? Tell us your combo!!!!
Or is there a link??

I am running a stroked 360 magnum 406ci, edelbrock heads, m1 single plane, 9-1 comp forged JE pistons, scat forged crank and h-beam rods, studded with cometic gaskets. Turbo action prepped full manual auto and 3.55 gears. I am fixing the slipping belt problem and will re-dyno next week and hope to get pics. Tony said I should easily hit 575-600 rear wheel horsepower maybe more.

Oh and we decided to go 14lbs boost instead the 10-11 I was running, hopefully everything stays together

ENGINE.jpg

wow...that looks real clean.. great job..must sound pretty bad...(bad as in awesome)

by the way, is that a Flaming River 16:1 manual steering box I see tucked under there???
looks like you have a torque strap too, you will need it with that kind of power!

Yes its a flaming river. This pic was taken just before I added the intercooler. Ill get some new ones soon and post them. I went with two spearco 600hp incooler cores stacked and made new end caps. Thanks for the comments.

-
Back