First engine build

-
Thanks for all the great info. The kit was ordered today. As soon as it comes in im taking the block to the shop to have it decked.

I'm looking at the kevco pans and Doug's headers. Doug's says the headers won't fit with the 73 and up centrelinks, but I have read where others have used them. Does anyone have any experience with this combo?

I'm looking at the kevco pans and Doug's headers. Doug's says the headers won't fit with the 73 and up centrelinks, but I have read where others have used them. Does anyone have any experience with this combo?

I don't know about the fitment with the 73-up center link but just thought I'd add that you made great choices with the Kevco pan and Dougs headers. Just make sure you look the Kevco pan over thoroughly for loose welding slag and crap and clean it super good. I got mine used so it had already been gone over but I've read several reports of guys getting new ones that had loose slag and metal shavings in them. That's the last thing you want going through you new engine.

Ya I read that is some other threads. I will check it over very well. I really wanna order the Doug's, just want to make sure there are no major issues with a 73.

-
Back