First Generation Barracuda Sail Panel/Headliner "Glitch"

-

dibbons

Reaction score
The rear of the Barracuda sail panels have a flimsy plastic color-coded strip that secures the rearmost part of the headliner in the area of the sail panel/forward of the most forward corner of the rear window. These frail pieces break up after a long time in service, one of mine is broken in half. What have our Mopar brothers found to substitute for these pieces, or maybe fabricated from plastic or very thin sheet metal/aluminum? Thank you.

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

And I see in the add (photo) there are some round clips (included) that secure the sail panel insulation. Well, my supplier did not provide me with any "clips". What do these clips look like, how many of them are there, and where does one put them exactly. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 5.24.56 PM.png

You can glue the trim back together with Methyl Ethyl Keytone or MEK. Use it like a solvent adhesive. The joint will be as strong as the rest of the plastic. I glued these shattered messes back together with it. It's very watery and melts plastic, so be real careful what you got around when working with it. It takes time to dry, so clamp the piece together and let sit overnight. I think my build thread " 67/68/69 cuda dilemma " details how to use MEK as a solvent adhesive

20180217_161122.jpg

20180218_154934.jpg

-
Back