First mopar

-

Bygblok

Reaction score
image.jpeg
In the process of finalizing the deal on my first ever mopar in 40 years of owning everything else under the sun. It's a 67 Dart that's been "cloned" to look like a 69. Really nice looking car that has a 340/727 combo and an 8 3/4 tracklok rearend with what would appear to be 3.55 gears. It needs some work like any other hotrod(my 70 camaro and 66 Buick Special included) I'll probably rely on the Mopar veterans to point me in the right direction and best parts sources. As of now I'm hunting a front bumper, grille and possibly a hood. The guy I'm buying it from underestimated how long a trailer hitch was on a truck.......... Bummer. You guys be kind and show my Dart some love!

Man, that looks like a great start for a cool car. I really like the 67-69 Darts. Thumbs up on the find.

Congrats and welcome! Got my Dart 10 months ago after 42 years without a Mopar. My 3.55 8 1/4 SG rear provides great launch, but highway travel is kinda revvy. What size rear tires are those? There's a lot of good advice on this site. Rest assured, you landed on the best site and you landed a great car! Again, Welcome to FABO!

Congrats and welcome! Got my Dart 10 months ago after 42 years without a Mopar. My 3.55 8 1/4 SG rear provides great launch, but highway travel is kinda revvy. What size rear tires are those? There's a lot of good advice on this site. Rest assured, you landed on the best site and you landed a great car! Again, Welcome to FABO!
I don't recall the tire size right off hand. I'm already reseraching overdrive options for it. My 70 camaro has a decent gear in it but I have a 700r4 behind my stroker motor and it turns about 2500 at 80mph. I think the Dart would be happy there. Thanks for the welcome, Bill

Last edited:
Man, that looks like a great start for a cool car. I really like the 67-69 Darts. Thumbs up on the find.
Thanks, this old dart came from up your way. It's at a friends house just south of Jackson right now waiting on time and parts.

-
Back