First post

-

DRoCk

Reaction score
Hi, I've been lurking for awhile, figured I would post finally! I'm in the minority here as my 73 Swinger has a 383, but I don't need a lot of engine tech right now. What I did come here for was the chassis/suspension info, lots of good stuff that applies to my car. Anyway, thanks for a good site!

Welcome from Texas... We are all in the minority on here.... Show some pics......BIG BLOCK YEAH!!!!! :salute:

Welcome DRoCK,
You will find all the info you need here.
So jump on in and enjoy this great site

Welcome glad you jumped in it gets easer to post. Did you put the 383 in or? hope we can help and you add back with your insights.

Welcome from Co

southern california minority here....saying

WELCOME to the best site on Mopars(*IMHO) as a whole.

blind, sidles up to the welcome bar again.....must be noon somewhere....:glasses1:

Welcome DRoCK, good to have ya! :headbang:

pic4.JPG

Here are some pictures, its really dirty and not all there at the moment. I'm working on exhaust and its missing the steering, so its not going anywhere for now!

DSCN0985.JPG

DSCN0986.JPG

DSCN0989.JPG

DSCN0990.JPG

I bought the car this way for the most part. I've been replacing things as I go. My best guess is that it was going to be a 1/8th mile car, it had a cage before I bought it and its got 4.30 gears...still a lot to change obviously. For right now I just want it back together, it was hard taking it apart when it was running just fine.

DRoCk said:
I bought the car this way for the most part. I've been replacing things as I go. My best guess is that it was going to be a 1/8th mile car, it had a cage before I bought it and its got 4.30 gears...still a lot to change obviously. For right now I just want it back together, it was hard taking it apart when it was running just fine.

What are your plans for those 4.30's????

Welcome you are with friends and enthusiasts here, nice projectcar you have there. Keep us posted.

Thanks guys...

The rollbar is long gone...previous owner removed it before selling it.

4.30 gears are hopefully going to be replaced with a set of 3.23s, that'll help make it a lot more driveable. First things first though, need to finish the exhaust, put the seats back in it, and do something about the tiny rear tires!

-
Back