first time at the track

-

dartbob

Reaction score
times were better than expected. butttt real bad bogg off the line.i added dragshocks on the front before i went to the track. now before on the street no bogg. hit the gas smoke the tires. is it possiable to get to much traction. or carb trouble out of the blue.reason i ask is its been raining eversince we got back from the track and i can't take it out on the street and it's driveing me crazy.oh yea 360 400hp 425lbs dynoed. street tires 295/50/15 411 gear

i meant so much traction that it would bogg down the motor

Sure you can bog one down but there are many ways to get around this and get maximum performance from your car. Did you adjust your launch RPM??? Is the car a stick or auto?? Whats your combo and what did it run???

So the car will run low 13's in the quarter with street tires so its making some good power. Without the total combo its hard to guess from here...it could be a simple carb adjustment or a parts incapatabilty issue. We need more info, what gear?? Torque converter??

comp cam 240 244 510 512 hyd. mag heads, roller rockers, airgap,3310 750 10.1 comp.2000 stall 4.11 gear

If that cam is 240/244 at .050 a 2000 rpm stall is not enough. You can loosen the converter, advance the cam a few degree's, that 3310 should be a vacum secondary carb so you could try a heavier spring in the secondaries. Is this a 340 or 360?? I still would suspect the convertor above all else.

what converter was recommended by comp for that cam? if the converter is correct , then i would look into that 3310... maybe try a lighter spring in the secondary s.... my first thought is the converter is to low , but go by comps recomendations..

yeah a change is it the works but i want to know if traction could be that much better on the track vs the street never no troulbeon the street.

next time at the track ,try to get out to the staging lanes in foot, you will see real quick just how sticky a good track can be. ....

thks all hope the rain stops soon and the truth will be known for sure.

If the track is putting down the glue the traction will obviously be better. I'd say you need a 3000 stall converter with that combo. Also, if you're using street tires like BF Goodrich limit you're burn out to just a second or two. Some of the street tires get really snotty if they get to hot.

no rain today but had to work late. so still wanting to know what you guys have to say.

You wont have a traction problem with the convertor you've got because you will be coming out of the hole off cam, street tyres will spin up to the cam's powerband but slicks will just hook up at whatever the convertor stalls at.
Mike

SGCR160406-(19).jpg

-
Back