First time carlisle, what to bring

-

Danco

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am attending this years Chrysler Nationals at Carlisle P.A. for the first time. what are your suggestions and ideas for things that I should bring with me to make my experience more pleasurable.(IE, wagon,beverages,etc)
thanks
Dan

I Have been to a few swap meets and shows back when I was a way younger , just not ones that last all day and for multiple days in a row. like I said many moons ago. I just wanted to tap into a great source of wisdom like the members of this forum.

Comfortable walking shoes are a must.

Stay hydrated.

Sun screen & a hat that protects your face.

You can easily walk ten miles in a day & there is food available on site, but snacks like energy bars are good to have too.

yes we are. from way up in northern Maine
About how far up? I'm going up to Ellsworth next Tuesday for work and that will be a 6 hr plus ride from central CT. And I know it's at least 3 hours from Bangor up to Fort Kent. So anywhere in between it's gonna be a long drive down to Carlisle with the 5 hrs from Central CT added in. Good luck.

About how far up? I'm going up to Ellsworth next Tuesday for work and that will be a 6 hr plus ride from central CT. And I know it's at least 3 hours from Bangor up to Fort Kent. So anywhere in between it's gonna be a long drive down to Carlisle with the 5 hrs from Central CT added in. Good luck.
I live 9 miles east of Ft Kent, will split ride via an overnight in CT

What do you want to do? See cars, buy parts, both. Have a plan and pace yourself. Often very hot. As said water, walking shoes.Have a want list? If so you need to REALLY know what you need. Measurments, etc. I take a lot of pics of my car and parts if I have something I want to replace. Literally millions of Mopar parts. Easy to get something close and not really what you need.

What do you want to do? See cars, buy parts, both. Have a plan and pace yourself. Often very hot. As said water, walking shoes.Have a want list? If so you need to REALLY know what you need. Measurments, etc. I take a lot of pics of my car and parts if I have something I want to replace. Literally millions of Mopar parts. Easy to get something close and not really what you need.
great info, thanks

As said keep hydrated , sun screen, and hat.
I was there in 2011 was hot and humid not much shade. It rain the day before we got there so it added to the humidity. Had fun though.

Everything you can think of, and that which you haven't though of.

Pretty much.

If you have the ability hook up with some members from here who may be bringing an awning or canopy on site and maybe bring a folding chair with you. Shade and places to sit are at a premium.

Last time I went Pop damn near collapsed in the heat. A few guys on the show field gave up some shade and a chair for him to cool down in. And that after we spent some time on the grandstands and in the buildings.

It's typically very hot. Get their early so you can get a good spot to park. A lot folks rent out spots on there yards and will give you a good deal specially if you want to go all weekend. Definitely bring a wagon, if you are going part hunting or have a little one.

-
Back