First time member, long time listener!

-

MommaCat

Whovian
Reaction score
Hey everybody! My husband 65LoveAffair has been a member for a little over two years now. So even though I just joined I already feel like I know a lot of you from hearing him read me countless posts. They have ranged from jokes, to stories of woe. Some personal, accidents, happy times and life milestones, to advice on automotive repair. One thing I have accepted, you are part of our extended family!! Like it or not. LOL

I finally decided to join yesterday after the outpouring of support for this poor little mewing beauty I heard and we found Sunday. Injured and in desperate need of attention we couldn't have given her for a couple of weeks (I don't know if she had that long.) so many of you have stepped forward to help. I just keep reading and crying.

I look like your typical jeans and t-shirt girl, most of the time. I've been drawn to cars since I was about 4. My first time helping fix a car was probably spring/summer 1977. I knew what a few tools were and my Uncle being patient and taking time to teach me helped. The car, a brand new /6 gold Dart, belive it or not my 62 year old grandma's car. My Uncle Eddie Shriver was a special man!!!! I handed him tools, asked questions, and watched him for the next 8 years until we lost him to a surgeon I have since found out came in drunk the day of the surgery to which complications took his life at 32.
Ok, not going to rant, but my love of cars was fueled by his love of cars. He was a KMart mechanic when I was little. I loved the smell of the garage and the shop.
My parents divorced when I was young and out of lack of money mom and I figured out how to do a lot of repairs on our own, cars included. After my ex decided not to complete an oil change on my 82 civic and the engine seized I swore that if I could figure out how to do the repair, and could accomplish it safely, I would do it myself!!! :D I can do way more than I ever thought I could. The kicker was my 93 eclipse. We have a friend that owns a shop. He suggested the outer tie rod needed replaced, and after that an alignment and balance. So out to the drive I went, repair book in hand. When I took it in for the alignment afterwards the guy came in and asked who did the job. Being my first suspention job he scared the heck out of me in a big way. When I told him, he asked my ex. So we asked what the big deal was. He almost begged me to take a job there. So I asked why. I was within laser specs. I nearly fainted. Probably beginners luck. I've changed so many different parts in the last 10 years I would have to really think about it and write a list.

I have two gorgeous boys 11 and 7. Have not one but two invisible illnesses. Crohn's disease was diagnosed at 15. That goofed up my plans to try to become a fighter pilot and fibromyalgia that showed up after a wreck 5 1/2 years ago. I get so tired of being asked why I don't work. Usually followed by hearing "but you don't look sick. Ask '65... You don't want to mess with me when I'm having a bad day. Just let me sleep and post on the door "DON'T WAKE THE SLEEPING B/7(H!!

'65 and I pinpointed a problem in my VW! Evap purge valve needed cleaned out, that may have taken care off my fuel consumption issue. Next is the camshaft position sensor!

I will read up on an issue and do or try a repair but I do know my limits.

THANK YOU for welcoming me!!! I look forward to talking in the future.

Welcome MommaCat!! Obviously 65LoveAffair is a very lucky man and so are your boys. I have Crohn's since I was a youngster too, it is a lonely disease, I hope you can keep it managed with diet and good living. Thanks for saving little Bonnie Fabo.

Welcome Momma Cat
You and your Husband have BIG hearts,
and so do a lot of members here.
Darryl

Aloha! Thanks for the back story! Makes meeting you that much better...way to save FABO too!

Welcome to FABO, Momacat!

You will enjoy this site. Great people and great information!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• 001@25%25.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 96
Saw a post of FABOS,update video,missed it.Merry Xmas ,65Love,Momma,FABO and Fraidy!

-
Back