First time turbo engine build>? Can it be done yourself.

-

67cudaResto89

Reaction score
ok so obviously i know it can be , although i do not have a lot of engine building experience but i am a very mechanically inclined technician. I say that because i know a lot of techs who DO NOT know the difference between a wrench and a ratchet. its pretty bad. That out of the way i've recently got another new job with much better pay but i've had my360 block sitting at my engine builders shop for about 6 months now. Obviously money is a little tighter since my last job screwed me but i was curious as long as i do my research whether or not its possible and if i will save me money if i do it myself. I have the blocked bored .030 over already and have the 408 kit ready to go but i don't see why i shouldnt be able to build a higher horsepower turbo engine for my setup. Stupid question but it was just a thought. i've been wanting to get this together for some time now but i dont want to drain my pockets just for labor when i could do it myself and save to put more money towards more parts.

Take a look in the forced induction forum area, lots of good info in there!

-
Back