Fitch EFI

-
If you have facebook there is a fitech owners page which is extremely helpful. People post questions and answers and pictures. Hopefully that helps

A friend and customer put one on his 360 I built for him. He had to return 2 controllers before it worked right. He loves it.

I have the FITech Go Street EFI on a built 318LA. The driveability is great. I would avoid the Fuel Command Ctr. If you must have a sump, look at the Hyperfuel unit. It has a full return system that helps avoid overheating the fuel when siting in heavy traffic. NOTE: Contrary to the advertisement you must have a return OR a way to vent the fuel system. The above mentioned youtube sites are very helpful in tweaking your unit after the very easy initial setup. If you have to deal with their tech group or cust svc make sure that you document everything via email. Their follow up leaves something to be desired.

I run the Holley Sniper system and it's great. Both are around the same price and both are great for getting rid of the 'difficult to start' and 'constant out of tune' issues. It was mostly for that reason that I got rid of the carby. The systems are relatively new and are getting better every day as all the niggles and problems get worked out. I would recommend subscribing to some of the threads and have a look in every once in a while to check out some of the issues other people are having. I recently had an issue with a faulty TPS that was a simple fix. I was dreading having to send the unit back but managed to fix it myself. Hope this info helps.

... I recently had an issue with a faulty TPS that was a simple fix. I was dreading having to send the unit back but managed to fix it myself. Hope this info helps.

Why am I reading that Sniper buyers seem to be having issues with the TPS? Anyone know?

Yes. Basically they used the cheaper sensors. Mine went faulty after giving the motor a going over with the high pressure hose. I had an oil leak from the rocker cover gasket. I just replaced it with a good quality GM type one as used on an LS1 (was the same type) and the problem was solved.

-
Back