fitech base timing

-

70wayfarer

Reaction score
i have the fitech 1200PA on a 410 sb with S475 turbo. fitech will be controlling timing. msd pro billet and digital 6al. cam is 254/260@50, 560/560 lift, 115 lsa. looking at 18 psi boost. my question is i'm not sure what to set base timing at if someone can point me in the right direction here. cheers

I don't have an answer for you, but I'd love to find out how much power that beast puts out. WOW!!! 18 lbs of boost??? I think it would be scary fast!

I'm running really low boost on mine, around 5psi, so not a fair comparison but have my base at 18 degrees which is where my motor likes to start at. Fitech controls the rest by adding (at cruise) or removing (under boost). I think a better performing way would be to set the base as close to the total timing you want under your 18psi of boost so that the rotor and terminals are more alined under boost and high RPM. Assuming your car cruises well at 34 degrees but you want to remove one degree per PSI under boost that would put you at 16 degrees under full boost. So maybe a base of 16? Or some compromise in that area.

-
Back