Fitech Fuel command Center Modification

-

hemidart69

Reaction score
I'm using the Fitech 800 HP system with the Fuel Command Center. I did the modification to it that was is on Youtube. Make the vent a return line back to the tank. Take the float out and take the brass screen out of the vent fitting. It works but what is happening now is. When I turn the key on the pump comes on to bring the fuel up to 58 psi. If I wait until the pump shuts off then it starts to loose pressure. I let it run for a couple of seconds then hit the key. It will start and every thing is fine. Just don't know why it is losing pressure now that I did the modification. It held pressure before the modification. Just wondered if any one else has used Fitech and ran into the same problem thank you

the pump shouldn't shut off if you have a return line, where do you have the regulator?

What turns the pump off? Can you program it to stay on?

The regulator shuts the pump off. I can program the volt to the pump.
I run a diff brand system, but mine shuts the fuel pump off when it hits deadhead pressure. It will fall off as I watch it, while I`m just "key on" , letting the 02 sensor warm up before turning to start , on a cold start up.
I have discovered that letting it fall to about 29-30 pounds "watching it on the screen" , then pumping it once to the floor before turning to start works very well and no problems------------

It is not a problem just have to get use to starting it that way. It is set to pump around 60 lbs. The injectors Are 58 psi on this system. It held pressure before I did the return. .I run a high volume mechanical oumo to fill the fuel command center. On you tube about 7 or 8 guys do this modification to the fuel command center. They show you the before but no after and if any thing changed. I called to tech about the possibly of vapor lock. He told me to go to you tube and see the modification. That is why I did it.

-
Back