Fitting aftermarket power windows

-

Martythetrimmer

Reaction score
I’ve been very busy the last few weeks with door modification for my Aussie 1967 Dodge ute. (same basis as US 63-66) This is a sacrificial door bought just for testing ideas. These include, auto power windows for full length glass. Puddle lights, illuminated late model interior door handles. Illuminated exterior handles when alarm/central locking is deactivated. There was little point I giving measurements as standard length glass changes everything. But the basic techniques are the same. Some of you may see easier methods to mine, but everything runs straight and true this way. Many people complain these power window kits aren’t powerful enough. They are if they don’t have to fight friction from bad installation!

I think my descriptions on the images have enough info, but feel free to ask questions if needed. Hope this is helpful to those interested!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Last edited:
I am considering a power window install on a Demon. Not sure if I want to go aftermarket or modify what I need from a mopar power window car and use a Mopar harness and switches.

This is a great thread showing what some thought and skills can accomplish. Thanks for the inspiration.

Nice job mate! Excellent job and perfect details.
Thank you.
Syleng1

Nice attention to detail and result. How much harder would it be to get it right with the door skin on? Possible or huge PITA?

Nice attention to detail and result. How much harder would it be to get it right with the door skin on? Possible or huge PITA?
I'll be taking measurements from the test door for the position of the holes for the upper mount. Then the mount will be drilled while in place with the MDF spacer to align. The lower mount will be set and a single tack welded to hold again using my MDF spacer. Next the steel brace I made will be installed so the mounting point for the glass is totally inline/square with the guides then the final welds made. So really should be quite easy to replicate. If you're asking about someone else doing this to another car, I'd recommend getting a test door. It could be done without it, but it's so much better the way I did it. And no mistakes on your good doors!

-
Back