Fix Or Repair Daily.. sigh.

-
Hahaha, yes, so far it seems to be getting its way.

A neighbor came into the driveway today (the neighbors aren't too fond of the vehicles and opening up open headers at 3 am), and said the driveway looks like trailer trash. I can't imagine why she would say that?
(That chair was on its way to the thrift store but they wouldn't take it, so thats where it ended up.)

DSC03427.jpg

Tell the neighbor when she pays your taxes then she can what she wants.

This thread was more intended to be funny, so we could all laugh at my misfortune :) It wasn't supposed to be a rant.

Anyways. More broken parts! Yay!
Oh and bloody knuckles always help too.
Took the drum off and this is what I found.

DSC03425.jpg

Oh well, thats minor.

Next question. Does anyone have an easy way of removing a broken stud with axle still in the vehicle? Lubricate and hammer out?

That broken piece looks like the aftermath of a prybar or hammer.

I understand the vehicle is 14 years old, and it needs regular maintanance, and that parts are going to fail and need replacing after 14 years, but cmon!! Fixing something once a week?? This is getting old very fast. In the past 4 months, I have replaced.. Heater core, wiper motor, front callipers, front wheel bearings, all front bushings, ball joints, front axle seals, rear axle seals, rear bushings, and now this!! Gah. Just doing rear brakes, and this has to break.

This is the cost of owning a vehicle of extended age. No payments and you don't have to get full coverage, plus you can pay for it when you can without ruining your credit rating.

BTW, I saw about 4 new broke cars on the side of the hwy today. New stuff breaks too and I know this first hand. I'll never buy new again.

Id rather drive my older vehicles than a newer one. At least I can fix em myself. And the pollution produced by my older car aint nothing compared to the pollution made by factories building cars,smelting metal etc etc etc.

That broken piece looks like the aftermath of a prybar or hammer.

I was thinking the same thing, but cannot say it was me. I actually did it the proper way and pulled the rubber grommet off, and stuck my flathead screwdriver in the slot and unscrewed the little gear and brought the shoes in to be able to take the drum off.

This is the cost of owning a vehicle of extended age. No payments and you don't have to get full coverage, plus you can pay for it when you can without ruining your credit rating.

BTW, I saw about 4 new broke cars on the side of the hwy today. New stuff breaks too and I know this first hand. I'll never buy new again.

Thank you, Joe!

I could never get my wife's former boss to understand this. She put 5000 miles a month on a car, if not more, and he kept pushing her to buy "new."

That many miles a month anything is libel to have its issues. I kept calling him on the carpet every time he made that statement. I was a dealership tech when she worked for him and kept pointing out that if new cars were as dependable as he was saying then my job would be completely unnecessary. I actually did less repairs, just routine maintenance, to her '87 5th Ave when she worked there than some of the "repeat" business we were getting from those fine new cars that were coming in once every two weeks with a different problem each time.

Besides, what he couldn't understand, is with that many miles she'd be blown through the warranty in a matter of months with a pay off still years away.

I have a 92 Dakota club cab V8 I purchased with 9000 miles on the odometer when it was 9 months old. It was a lemon buy back in 93. This truck now has 426,000 miles on it, been wrecked so many times I've lost count but it's still going. Original untouched 318 still runs damn good. Smokes and leaks a little but what would you expect. This truck wasn't babied either, it's had the crap driven out of it for it's entire life. Been rode hard and put up wet too many times to count.

Some lemon huh?

So the moral of the story is, Fords suck, buy Dodges. lol

There is an obvious question that I don't think anyone asked, why aren't you driving that sweet Dodge parked in front of it instead? Maybe you can make a trade :-D

There is an obvious question that I don't think anyone asked, why aren't you driving that sweet Dodge parked in front of it instead? Maybe you can make a trade :-D

Between the 4.88's, 4 MPG, and blown slave cylinder, it makes for a pricey daily driver 8)

My wife's 1995 Furd Bronco has been a nightmare also. Needed to replace both rear spring shackles (rust) as well as both Front Radius arm bushing brackets (rust) but the rest of the undercarriage isn't half as rusted as these brackets were. Now the latest is the fuel pump (in the tank) is getting ready to quit. Sometimes when she goes to start it no fuel... need to get under and tap the tank with a hammer to get the pump to start working. Typical FURD!!!! This truck has also got a bad habit of leaking heater cores I am on the 4th one in two years. But wife loves her Ford and dosen't want to part with it. I am still trying to get her into a Dodge Ramcharger, there is one here locally for sale that I want to buy for her.

Hey I worked for a Ford dealer for 15 years I don't see any thing here that you could honesly blame on Ford.Rust and someone overzellos with a BFH are the cause here. Back off the brake shoes before you try to knock the drum off. We always did hate to see truck from the north

Brian

Between the 4.88's, 4 MPG, and blown slave cylinder, it makes for a pricey daily driver 8)

Yea but if you fix it you can put the ford in the bed and take it to the wreckers where it belongs,lol.

man i tell ya ive owned 2 fords and both crapped out on me so i said screw it and dodge has been good to me everyone has there tastes and i know people are like man dodge sucks blah blah blah then i tell them oh wait ya least i dont have a flat tire broken windshield and or the wrong rims on the driver side compared to the passenger side so HA. but you like what you like i personally say go with a dodge ram v6 or v8 magnum its been in the family for 13 years and weve only had to change a radiator hose and runs like she was brand new. but nice to see you got it all fixed haha

Hey I worked for a Ford dealer for 15 years I don't see any thing here that you could honesly blame on Ford.Rust and someone overzellos with a BFH are the cause here. Back off the brake shoes before you try to knock the drum off. We always did hate to see truck from the north

Brian

Brian, if you would have read my posts instead of just looking at the pictures, you would see that I stated numerous things. 1, that the drum was like that before I took it off. 2, that I took the time to use a screw driver in the little slot to back off the brake shoes. And 3, who said I was blaming anything on Ford? I'm just showing my frustration in a comical way, on a vehicle that something seems to break every time I go to pull it out of the driveway. Lets not be so quick to judge.

-
Back