Flaming River Manual Box!

-

redlinegw

Shannon
Reaction score
Just drove my newly converted to Pro-Touring 69 Plymouth Valiant at Willow Springs Raceway the other day. The Flaming River manual steering box is killer! It is a little on the stiff side so I would not recommend it for a girly man! hahaha. I loved how it felt on the road course and I just got back from a trip thru the neighbor hood and it is great! 4 turns lock to lock is nice! I want one of their steering columns next! Quality stuff!http://www.flamingriver.com/index.c...ategory_id=63/home_id=80/mode=prod/prd215.htm

I have a brand new Flaming River 16:1 manual steering box in my 68 cuda...The car isn't on the road yet, maybe in a couple weeks...But this is good to hear because I'm actually kinda nervous about it. That sucker is hard to turn in the driveway! You really gotta crank on that sucker!!! I'm glad I was able to buy it for only $275!!! Not $530 from Flaming River!

I have had mine for over a year now and I love it. can be a pain parking sometimes but turning a corner at speed is much better. plus it gave me a reason to keep and repair the factory "big ***" steering wheel.

Oh yeah my bad 4 turns lock to lock. Going from skinnys to 245/45/17's I am sure didnt help on the stiffness factor. Anyone tried the electric power steering yet?

-
Back