flaming river steering box 16:1

-

cudaboy 67

Reaction score
hello, after a manual steering box to replace mine, these seem a good deal, any feedback? also do you need to swap the idler arm ? car a lhd 440ci 68 barracuda, cheers.

i have one in my 68 cuda with a small block. ive only been able to drive with it in there for a couple days, but i think i liked it. it has a quick ratio, just like the power steering cars...only a little tuff to steer in parking lots, but i like it....my car is set up for performance driving, (rebuilt front end with 1.0" torsion bars, tubular uppers, sway bars, qa1 shocks, and 17x8 inch tires). so, until i finish on rewiring my car ill be able to drive it to find out for sure! lol

HAHA I just got one and it hasnt been installed yet. Doing a few other things as well so next spring will be test with a fat tired BB Dart.

Had one in a 72 B-Body big block with Viper size front tires,,, was a bear at slow to non moving but great once you got rolling. Great upper body workout.

Same here, got one on my 67 Dart with 17x8 wheels, 225/45r17 tires in front. Great once you are rolling and kept all my other stock stuff.

many thanks, i will be ordering one , upper body workout here we come! its pretty bad ratio and worn box what i have so know will be big improvment!

-
Back