Flaming river

-

extreme green dart

Reaction score
Is the flaming river 16/1 manual box worth the money. right now the only component I did not buy new is the box and pump. Both leak. TTi headers are really close to the ps box now. Is there any more clearance with the flaming river set up? I woud not mind manual steering.Thanks in advance. Need to get this ride ready for carlisle.

I have no experience with flaming river box. I would like to mention that 99% of factory manual steering was 24-1 (maybe26-1 i forget). Much less common was the 20-1 and 16-1 boxes. The lower the number the more steering effort required. A 16-1 will likely require more effort than you expect compared to other manual steering cars.

Kind of late to the party but for what it is worth I have a Firm Feel stage 1 power steering box that I am very happy with. They also have manual boxes that are 24:1 (OEM), 20:1 & 16:1. You can give Dick a call and I am sure he would be happy to give you a recommendation, his number is (800)347-6426. Good luck.

Been there , done that ( researching ) .... i was also thinking of a flaming river box... Firm feel has 1 more 20 to 1 gear ratio left ... i figured ... by the time i send my box out ... have it rebuilt.... it was going to be near 550-600 .... from firm feel .. and you are still left with original box...
If you buy a flaming river .. everything is new .... but a better responsive gear box...
i do believe if your vehicle is 70 or newer .. you will also need a pitman arm to work...
I think FR is better option

-
Back