Flammable Water!!

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
That's right, flammable water right from the faucet. Apparently natural gas from about 8 local wells had infused this poor womans well water. Only in Colorado. 8) Check out the video too.
http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-vid-sink-fire-031809,0,5861261.worldnowvideo

45664284.jpg

I'll bet you those wells around her house are only a couple years old and were drilled as part of a Coal Bed Methane zone. These types of well are very shallow usually (500-1000 feet) and the danger is that once disturbed the methane gas can follows up the outside of the well casing and gets into the water aquifers. The reason I say this is that anyone that has land in North America and discovers that the gas companies are going to go after the CBM deposits should have their water tested, at the land owners cost, once a month for the six months prior to these guys drilling. Do not depend on the gas companies to do the testing or picking the company that does the analysis, get your own. CBM is a big thing here in Alberta and Wyoming, Montana and Colorada I know for sure.

Terry

And thats what comes of putting profit and resouces before safety and quality of life. Companies should not be allowed to drill so close to peoples homes...they just cant be trusted to act responsibly.

So.. no smoking in the shower, then. :toothy10:

Or while on the toilet..

Hey I got a good idea. If your worried about your house going KABOOM because of all the natural gas building up....STOP LIGHTING STUFF ON FIRE!!!!!

WOW! That is crazy. Some people drill down till they hit water and then stop there. But it is all ways a good idea to keep drilling down a ways more to be safe. But that is just because the water table could shift or as more people move in and drill wells the water table could go down. If my water ever catches fire I am moving. LOL

Well, she'll definitely have Hot water.

No Doubt!

I'll bet you those wells around her house are only a couple years old and were drilled as part of a Coal Bed Methane zone. These types of well are very shallow usually (500-1000 feet) and the danger is that once disturbed the methane gas can follows up the outside of the well casing and gets into the water aquifers. The reason I say this is that anyone that has land in North America and discovers that the gas companies are going to go after the CBM deposits should have their water tested, at the land owners cost, once a month for the six months prior to these guys drilling. Do not depend on the gas companies to do the testing or picking the company that does the analysis, get your own. CBM is a big thing here in Alberta and Wyoming, Montana and Colorada I know for sure.

Terry

Good info Terry. You are 100% right. Coal and NG are big business out here and above all, protect yourself and don't trust the companies to do it for you. Thank you for the insight too. :) This is stuff I know nothing about.

Jesus, that is just F-ed up.

Certainly would be shocker, especially the first time they tried to put a smoke out in the sink under running water.

And thats what comes of putting profit and resouces before safety and quality of life. Companies should not be allowed to drill so close to peoples homes...they just cant be trusted to act responsibly.

Ethics my friend, ethics. Very few companies have them anymore. :angry7:

So.. no smoking in the shower, then. :toothy10:

Or while on the toilet..

Imagine letting the shower run for 5 minutes to get the water hot then walking in the john with a lit smoke!! KABOOM!

Hey I got a good idea. If your worried about your house going KABOOM because of all the natural gas building up....STOP LIGHTING STUFF ON FIRE!!!!!

Or maybe pump all the water into a standing tank with an ignition source to burn the gas off then pump it back into the house from the bottom of the tank. Maybe even capture and compress it for heat, hot water, transportation....... You could have an "eternal BBQ". :toothy10:

WOW! That is crazy. Some people drill down till they hit water and then stop there. But it is all ways a good idea to keep drilling down a ways more to be safe. But that is just because the water table could shift or as more people move in and drill wells the water table could go down. If my water ever catches fire I am moving. LOL

I agree, always drill deeper in case the aquifer drops. Once you're started it's way cheaper to keep going vs. drilling another well.

I can see my wife running a hot Jacuzzi and lighting candles around a tub for a bang :toothy10:

I would be putting crime tape up around the house and jumping some ones A$$.

quit bitching and just hook your furnace to the faucet. think of the savings. lol

I can tell the way she's talking that the gas company is fixing to have a big lawsuit against them. I think all this lady is seeing besides getting her water cleaned up is BIG $$$$ signs.

"You wouldn't want to eat my strawberries would you?"

I saw this on the news last night. That is crazy!
The well water near where I live, if I remember correctly was contaminated with Ecoli. I guess we can blame all of this on global warming, everyone else does.

-
Back