Flatlander Racing?

-
They were nasty to me when I wanted to buy rockers over the phone . I bought from hughes .

You can use the Scat part number and call Summit and they will sell you the kit. Summit will match anyones prices so tell them you want it for the flatlander price and they will do it without hesitation. Summit charges $11 handling fee and free shipping on every order regardless of what you order.

I bought my Scat kit through my local machine shop because they matched the online prices. I bought the balanced kit but had the shop re-balance it and it was off when they checked it. Pistons and rods were close but crank was quite a few grams off. The shop said the bearing clearances were beautiful right out of the box. The crank had a small indentation on one of the crank journals and had to be sent back. Shop told me it would run for years reliably as it was but since it was new with a flaw why run it like that? Shop thinks Scat will replace without a problem. Should know soon.

What ever you do get a local shop to go over the balance and bearing clearances regardless of which kit you get. I would get the kit unbalanced and have a local shop balance it because Scat is sloppy on the balance so why pay twice. And from what I hear most balanced kits, even the real expensive ones, are off out of the box.

I ordered a oil pan for a 360 from Flatlander racing once. The first pan I got was for a big block Ford. Called them up and nicely told them they made a mistake and they were rude saying there's no way it was wrong. I had to read them what it said on the box that it was for a 429-460 Ford and the part number. They then agreed it was wrong and sent out a correct 360 pan but it was a thin piece of junk that was warped. Again had to call this rude guy and by then I wasn't so nice. Had to threaten them with credit card fraud to get them to take it back. I'll never do business with them again.

I purchased my 415 short block from Indy cylinder head. They internally balanced it,machined it and assembled the crank,rods,and pistons in the block for $2995. I bought a cam off them that they suggested and with the Edelbrock heads I had and pump gas they told me 450 HP. Car runs 11.50 thru the mufflers in a 1964 Dart Gt. It's been 4 years now and she still runs good after 100 time slips. I am very pleased to say the least.

milan2.jpg

-
Back