flex fuel?

-

hw612

The Mopar Martian.
Reaction score
this might sound stupid but has anyone ever converted a 273 to be able to run gasoline and e85? is it even possible??? what would you have to do?
any input wanted thanks.

Plenty of people have converted carb engines to run on E85. I'm sure a Google search would turn up a ton of results. Someone (Quickfuel maybe) even makes a conversion carb for E85. Or you can convert your own carb. I'm not sure on the details, but I know it takes bigger jets and everything in your fuel system has to be made of something that won't be eaten away by the alcohol. The disadvantage of the conversion is it will take more fuel to run your car (lower mpg's). The advantage is that E85 is rated at somewhere around 105 octane.

Make sure you do an into in the Welcome Wagon section.

yeah i know there are kits and what not for e85. but say i want to go on a trip and theres no e85 around? is it okay to run the 93 octane on a e85 system? thats what im having a hard time finding...

I doubt it. The jets would probably be way too big. You would be running ridiculously rich, if it would even run at all.

one or the other, e85 or not. i think e85 needs a bump in compression.

hmm... i have a 73 swinger but dont get my license for a year and a half anyways, it has the 273 from a 68. ive been working on it for 2 years, and still am learining everyday so thanx.

-
Back