Flex Pipe

-

Duster_71

Reaction score
Anyone running a flex pipe between their header and exhaust pipe? I was advised to install them if I modify my exhaust. Thinking about hooker type headers to Doug's.

Last edited:
Ya use flex pipe if you want your exhaust to fall off !!:(!

It was on a 68 roadrunner I bought way back and it came apart and looked like a slinky. And the exhaust fell off.

There are two things that make a car look like no one cared, and that is flex exhaust pipe and universal radiator hoses.

I used flex pipe long enough to break in my cam and then get it to the exhaust shop.

Jeff

Last edited:
Don't know if it varies between states but my thinking was that it was not legal to use on autos.
Yote

Move a way from the flex pipe sir.

Unless your talking the expensive stainless weaved flex? I have used these with excellent results. Just for that little bit of give in the system. Especially at the down tube, right before the "H" pipe. You only need one.

Something like this.
Exhaust Flex Pipe Stainless Steel Double Braid 3" x 6" w/ Ends 10" OAL 30006DN | eBay

Yes, this is the type I was referring to. Wouldn't I need one for each side and are many people utilizing these or to say are they necessary?
v/r
Ron

-
Back