Flex plate fitment issue

-

Jax

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have purchased an flexplate from Hughes, the brand is PRW.

Hughes Engines

The intention is to be used with my Small Block Eagle stroker kit.

When using the eagle stroker crank ( internal balanced ) is there any special flex plate to be used? Is there any difference in the crank bolt pattern?

The current issue I am having to fit the flex plate, is that the bolt pattern on the crank does not fit. And the bolts 4 X bolts from the converter either.

In the website from Hughes and on the flexplate box is stated that it does fit small block and big block Mopar engine.

Any input will be highly appreciated.

Do you have a stock flexplate you could use as a template to see if the new plate or the crank is the issue? also depending on size of converter there are different bolt patterns for the converters.

The flexplate is indexed to the crank and to the coververter. it will only bolt together one way. Make sure you have it facing the right direction. You have to find the magic spot. That flexplate would be for a 727. Mark a corresponding hole on the converter and flexplate with a daub of paint or a sharpie when you get it figured out.

Last edited:
From the factory there are two different bolt patterns for the crankshaft - flex plate mounting. One is what they call an offset pattern, the other a even pattern. I hope this helps you.
Attached PDF file shows this.

Attachments

• flexplates.pdf
    423.2 KB · Views: 289
From the factory there are two different bolt patterns for the crankshaft - flex plate mounting. One is what they call an offset pattern, the other a even pattern. I hope this helps you.
Attached PDF file shows this.
Thank you very much. this is good information

What I find strange is that when ordering a flexplate for the small block it does not state for which type of bolt pattern it is.

What I find strange is that when ordering a flexplate for the small block it does not state for which type of bolt pattern it is.
All aftermarket cranks for LA's I've seen use the asymmetrical (uneven/offset bolts) pattern flexplate. If the flexplate and crank both are asymmetrical and they don't line up you probably have the flexplate turned around backwards

There are a couple of exceptions to the bolt pattern that I have run into. first there is a 8 bolt crank flange. and some early eagle 4" cranks had the std mopar 6 bolt and a chevy 6 bolt pattern on the same flange.

Maybe someone here has a old DC or mopar performance book that has the actual demensions of the crank flange.

-
Back