Flip job!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 70 Dart was priced high originally also. The only other mopar that has been listed on Craigslist was the 74 Duster 340. a "California car" $3500 and it only need floors, quarters a trunk floor and a tail panel. Still more solid then the last car I bought though.

Which tells me the cars arent worth even close to what is being asked.

When are these dreamers gonna pull thier heads outta thier asses? AND YES i HAVE A RIGHT TO SAY THAT. i'VE BEEN TOLD BY THE VERY SAME GREEDY DREAMERS TO GO GET A CHEVIE if I dont like mopar pricing. What assholes!

i'VE BEEN TOLD BY THE VERY SAME GREEDY DREAMERS TO GO GET A CHEVIE if I dont like mopar pricing.

Exactly why Im looking at Fords. I can buy a nice driver fox body for $3000, If its a 87 or older its emission exempt here. Parts are cheap and easy to find.

Here are some of the "great deal" mopars near me...keep in mind I live in the buckle of the rust belt...

http://terrehaute.craigslist.org/cto/2918909963.html
Love the wing. It's red because its embarrassed...

http://chambana.craigslist.org/cto/2859292745.html

http://lasalle.craigslist.org/bar/2920711809.html

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/2895581854.html
(this guy doesn't answer emails apparently, probably sick of being told the price is way too high)

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/2921510434.html
$9000! "All you have to do is finish the body work and put it back together!!!" he says. That's all? Score!

Hey Adam! I've got a Fox body for you.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=182743

Perfect for a family man...give you a special Mopar guy in need price too! ;)

I almost bought this Dart from the guy who posted it on here. I made a few offers and the last one was a strong offer. He said let me sleep on it and I will call you first thing in the morning. My hopes were pretty high. Around noon I had not heard from him. I didn't think much of it, people are busy, you know. So i jumped on FABO to see what was going on and low and behold the snake is fishing around the thread looking for another offer. I was pissed so I pulled my offer. I hope it doesn't go over 6K (my offer)

He sold the car. The new owners flipping it.

nothing like a 10,000 dollar slant six 75 4 door....i give the guy props, he went full tilt on that one. like i said , if it has a pentastar on it , its gold...

Poke around on http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/autos.cgi?&category=cta/

If you see something worthwhile, send a PM. We'll go look at it for you. Those links you posted of the rusty ones are yucky :angry2:. I remember the car you bought last year..........nuff said.

Only problem I can forsee from here is the transport :scratch:. You'll be 1000's of $$ and tons of hours of work ahead if you find one here. JMO, of course.

AdamR I guess ur alot more picky then i amLOL . I could care less if its a 4 door 2 door or a wagon as longs as its old mopar lol .. But it has to run and look Ok lol but . I cant talk to much lol My barracudas just setting to i know bout the cash flow thing lol

Yup, Im very picky. I prefer my muscle cars to be muscle cars. LOL my requirements for my next car, 2 door, V8, drivable.

It's sounds to me like you don't like flippers but you would be glad to be a ripper. Hell, you only want a rust free, numbers matching, 340, big rearend Car for nothing. I'm sure if you keep whinning one will fall outta of thin air.

Hell, you want me to sell you my Hemi Dart for 5500.00 dollars, probably not cause you would think I'm a rip. If you want something nice your gonna pay for it period. I'm only 33 and I've worked 2 jobs, taken every side job I could get and damned near starved myself to death to have what I have, and I have never bitched like you have in this thread. You know why, cause I wanted it real real bad and was willing to work for it.

It's sounds to me like you don't like flippers but you would be glad to be a ripper. Hell, you only want a rust free, numbers matching, 340, big rearend Car for nothing. I'm sure if you keep whinning one will fall outta of thin air.

Hell, you want me to sell you my Hemi Dart for 5500.00 dollars, probably not cause you would think I'm a rip. If you want something nice your gonna pay for it period. I'm only 33 and I've worked 2 jobs, taken every side job I could get and damned near starved myself to death and have never bitched like you have in this thread cause I wanted it real real bad.

Lighten up Francis.

Lighten up my ***, I'm so sick of little girls that want everything for nothing. Your the one who started this whinny *** thread about how your butthurt cause someones making money other then you. I think you need a hobby like bird watching or something cause you can't handle this one.

If you can't play w/ the big dogs then stay on the porch, Francis

Frickin Cry Baby

Lighten up my ***, I'm so sick of little girls that want everything for nothing. Your the one who started this whinny *** thread about how your butthurt cause someones making money other then you. I think you need a hobby like bird watching or something cause you can't handle this one.

If you can't play w/ the big dogs then stay on the porch, Francis

Frickin Cry Baby

Yikes. OK Francis.

Though I don't really need to explain myself to anyone, I guess it's probably necessary here since you are insistent on calling me out. This has been a fairly civil discussion so far, why make it personal?

I've pumped more money into this hobby in the last 20 years than I care to think about. (Just ask my wife) I've had good deals and bad deals which happens when you do something enough times. I've been lowballed so badly on some of my stuff it literally hurts to think about. I've also made some decent money on some of my sales.

I am proud to say I've never ripped anyone off in this hobby. Never ever. I price my things accordingly. Sure, I try to get the best price I can (within reason) but 9 times out of 10 I cave to a decent offer. The market for these particular cars is relatively small which makes demand high. So now we're in a situation where the seller is in the driver's seat. Nothing we can do about it, just simple economics.

So now what do I do, sit back and let it be without any intervention? Do you buy everything at whatever the seller sets their price at? I'd rather make an effort to alert people that this kind of stuff (flipping etc.) goes on resulting in artificial inflation. Will it do any good? Considering the responses to this thread, probably not.

Are you OK with guys flipping cars like the Dart here? Just asking. I'm not, but that's OK, I don't have to agree with everyone else. I really don't care what people do with their cars but I also have every right to comment on it and state my views.

I pony up when the deal is right. I don't try to lowball people because I don't like it myself. I have studied the markets enough to get a pretty good grasp of what something should be priced at. Do you?

This really has nothing to do with how hard anyone works or about whining that cars are too expensive. Perhaps you can take a few deep breaths and get yourself to a nice, happy place. Then go back and actually read (comprehend) what I am trying to get across.

:grin:

Yikes. OK Francis.

Though I don't really need to explain myself to anyone, I guess it's probably necessary here since you are insistent on calling me out. This has been a fairly civil discussion so far, why make it personal?

I've pumped more money into this hobby in the last 20 years than I care to think about. (Just ask my wife) I've had good deals and bad deals which happens when you do something enough times. I've been lowballed so badly on some of my stuff it literally hurts to think about. I've also made some decent money on some of my sales.

I am proud to say I've never ripped anyone off in this hobby. Never ever. I price my things accordingly. Sure, I try to get the best price I can (within reason) but 9 times out of 10 I cave to a decent offer. The market for these particular cars is relatively small which makes demand high. So now we're in a situation where the seller is in the driver's seat. Nothing we can do about it, just simple economics.

So now what do I do, sit back and let it be without any intervention? Do you buy everything at whatever the seller sets their price at? I'd rather make an effort to alert people that this kind of stuff (flipping etc.) goes on resulting in artificial inflation. Will it do any good? Considering the responses to this thread, probably not.

Are you OK with guys flipping cars like the Dart here? Just asking. I'm not, but that's OK, I don't have to agree with everyone else. I really don't care what people do with their cars but I also have every right to comment on it and state my views.

I pony up when the deal is right. I don't try to lowball people because I don't like it myself. I have studied the markets enough to get a pretty good grasp of what something should be priced at. Do you?

This really has nothing to do with how hard anyone works or about whining that cars are too expensive. Perhaps you can take a few deep breaths and get yourself to a nice, happy place. Then go back and actually read (comprehend) what I am trying to get across.

:grin:

Like I said Little Girl, If you can't play w/ the big dogs stay on the porch, Woof

Your a whinny litlle girl with nothing better to do then worry about other peoples buisness. Get a life

Like I said Little Girl, If you can't play w/ the big dogs stay on the porch, Woof

Your a whinny litlle girl with nothing better to do then worry about other peoples buisness. Get a life

Effects of long-term crystal meth abuse.

Perhaps try some other cliches, the big dog thing is getting worn out.

Hell, you want me to sell you my Hemi Dart for 5500.00 dollars, probably not cause you would think I'm a rip. If you want something nice your gonna pay for it period. I'm only 33 and I've worked 2 jobs, taken every side job I could get and damned near starved myself to death to have what I have, and I have never bitched like you have in this thread. You know why, cause I wanted it real real bad and was willing to work for it.

Who said that ? Last car I bought was a 75 Dart Sport with a slant 6. I got in to muscle cars because I like muscle cars, Not because I wanted a 4 door pos.

Im glad you can afford a Hemi car, Most of us cant. I have a wife, 3 kids and a new business that needs to come first. Maybe some day. No matter how hard I work my family has to come first, much like most people here. I cant starve my family so I can have a cool car to calm my ego. Im certainly not impressed with your attitude and Im sure no one else is either.

Roger, over and out. 10-4 good buddy.

So much for civil discussion!

Bye Bye thread!

Im gonna leave your comment up so everyone can see what a "big boy" you are. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back