flomaster muffler inlet and outlet?

-

69 Valiant Kid

Reaction score
dudes, im going to get the flow master 40 series. i have a 69 valiant. and im going to dump the exhaust before the rear axle. do i wanna get the offset in (motor side) and offset out(rear end side)? what do you guys suggest?

thanks, kurt

I put 3" super 40's and had the inlet towords the drive shaft and the outlet in the center with turn downs befor the axle! That was on my 72 demon, Jared

nax...ive only seen commercials on them. they are only 10 bucks more than the 40 series. i think i might pop for them and see how they are...i like the loud exhaust.

We used FLowmasters for a Camaro. They have on one side an inlet and a outlet and a outlet on the other side. We had the single outlet closed up. The Flows were placed in the muffer hole in front of the axle and the outlet was brought out just in front of the rear tires.

shootout011-1.jpg

my buddy had super 40's on his blown 440 roadrunner and he went to super 44's and hated them....he likes his car loud as hell, and he found the 44's quiter than the 40's, so he switched back

my buddy had super 40's on his blown 440 roadrunner and he went to super 44's and hated them....he likes his car loud as hell, and he found the 44's quiter than the 40's, so he switched back

Ok thanks for posting. I have never heard them so I didn't know. I guess I'll stick with my 40s. LOL.

i'm thinking about doing a full exhaust upgrade which will replace my 40's with spintech pro-street mufflers (loudest that they make for street cars)

and the 40's i have are offset inlet/center outlet dumped

Don't know if you've considered the Flowmaster 80 series designed for the C5 Vette. It would let you dump ahead of the axle a'la AAR. It is a loud muffler. Overall, I can't see how it would work better than the 40 series you're considering.

-
Back