Floor Covering 1970 Duster

-

Khuotakharma

Reaction score
Hello A-buddies.....was recently watching an episode of junkyard gold with Steve mangante. He seemed to imply that the 70 duster could only be had with a rubber floor. Is this correct? No carpet available? What if you had a console shift car.

Thanks

Hello A-buddies.....was recently watching an episode of junkyard gold with Steve mangante. He seemed to imply that the 70 duster could only be had with a rubber floor. Is this correct? No carpet available? What if you had a console shift car.

Thanks
Not true. You can get replacement carpet through several companies but they are all made by the same company, Auto Custom Carpet. The carpets come uncut, so you would need to trim to fit.

Thanks
Back in the day up until the late 60's many cars came with standard rubber flooring. Not sure if the cheapest Duster you could still get a "CARPET DELETE" option.

I had a 71 340 Duster that had carpet with a console and bucket seats. I bought a 68 Hardtop Road Runner and it also had carpet. The base RR coupe had rubber carpet.

For 1970 Valiants and Dusters, the rubber floor covering was standard with 3 and 4-speed manual transmission cars.

ACC had the rubber mats in the catalog a long time ago. No idea if they still do, but not a big seller, I would imagine. Richard at RP & M might have some idea if that’s what you’re looking for. if I remember correctly, it wasn’t cheap. ACC changed their website to drop down menus, no listing for full rubber mats, maybe call them? I would think carpet was fully available, maybe an option on a base stripper model?

The rubber mats are still available from ACC. Unlike the originals which were speckled in color, the current reproductions are available in black, light blue and a light tan color. The same molds to make the carpet kits are used to mold the rubber mats. Pricing is just slightly more than the carpet. Installation is more involved to get them to contour to the floor as well as the carpet does. No problem in getting them. We just have them drop shipped direct from ACC as we may sell two to three per year. Sell much more of them for the truck applications.

Thanks everyone. I have a 1970 340 console shifted automatic duster. I'm replacing the floor and just want to use correct material.

Yes I think the rubber floor was on a vaery sparsely optioned car...not sure if it was standard but it probably was on a slant 6 manual trans utility / fleet type car.

-
Back