Floor Pan Help!

-

macman340

Reaction score
I am restoring a 64 dart Convertible, Resto-mod , turns out there isn't much left of the floor pans! Doesn't appear that there is a source for replacement's. I am considering AMD pans for a 67-up or just getting sheet metal and fabing them in! The front seats are not 64's so there positioning will need to be changed anyway! The hump can be saved so most of the needed repairs look pretty flat!

Thoughts please!

I am restoring a 64 dart Convertible, Resto-mod , turns out there isn't much left of the floor pans! Doesn't appear that there is a source for replacement's. I am considering AMD pans for a 67-up or just getting sheet metal and fabing them in! The front seats are not 64's so there positioning will need to be changed anyway! The hump can be saved so most of the needed repairs look pretty flat!

Thoughts please!

image.jpeg
More of the same I'm afraid under the carpet in the front!

I'd vacume the crap up first and check the condition. The rear seat area rarely rots out first.

I'd vacume the crap up first and check the condition. The rear seat area rarely rots out first.
Yea, that was a way before photo, a few holes there but not terrible, the front pans are Fred Flinstone, and the back feet area had already been replaced, aka pop rivet.

Try looking up Auto Body Specialties in Connecticut, google it. I'm thinking they have some of the front floor pans, for the early A cars. I'm sure Layson's has them too.

I'm watching this thread as I just purchased a 66 valiant that needs floor pans, some one said they thought you could use later model a just trim them down? Hopefully someone has done this and can help us!

Marty

i have used the abs pans...they need a lot of cut-to fit.
i think they sell 67-up pans as 66-downs. you need to trim a lot off them.

Yup, I've used the abs ones (twice now). There is indeed plenty of trimming/fitting involved, but they're waaaaay easier than starting with a piece of sheet metal.

Mine arrived last week also! I was scratchin my head about the front, so nice too see what you have done! The backs took very little fitting, Pic's to follow!

the dirty secret with the rear floor pans is that no one sells the "complete pan"

this is because the rear pan is 2 pieces from the factory and only front section is reproduced. the back part that is just under the front of the seat is typically what rots (at the seam) between the two pan sections and you need to replace both. check if you need that rear pan, and then start searching the forum for folks parting cars and willing to cut the floor out for you

-
Back