Floor pans for a 65 barracuda 67's will it fit?

-

zoltan c

65Fish
Reaction score
I need to replace the front floor pans in my 65 cuda. I could not find anyone that supplies floor pans for this year. All the ones I found were for 67 and up. Layson's lists floor pans for the 65 so I was going to order them, but they told me that they are actually 67 and up pans but they will fit a 65 with a little trimming a persuasion to make them fit.
My question is this, have any of you replace pans on a 65 cuda and if so what did you use? Would it be better to use valiant floor pans? The right rear floor pan is rusted in the center but I can just cut it out and make my own. A friend has a bead roller that I can borrow. Any ideas would be great!

Find a good donor car to get your pans. Valiant and Dart will work 64-66. Maybe 63. 67 pans would be alot of persuasion unless you just cut out small areas. If it is just the right rear and its not near the structure area make your own.

With the 67's it gets dicey around the torsion unibody connectors.

I just started today replacing the front pans on my 1964 Valiant(same as Barracuda). I bought the pans from Auto Body Specialties out of Conneticut. They're made for the 1964/1965 floors. I think they were around $100 each side. I have the drivres side in place ready to weld and it fits nicely. Mike

I love this forum! I couldn't even think of doing this project without the help of all the members on here. Thanks guys. Now I can order the pans.

Like the other guys said you can use Valiant floor pans because a '65 Barracuda is technically a Valiant. I am unsure if the floor pans fron a Dart would work because they have a different wheel base (106" for the Plymouth & 111" for the Dodge unless it is a wagon then it has the 106") and I don't know were the added length comes from, I guessing the rear floor pan.

Chuck

I'm pretty sure the extra length is located just in front of the hump up to the rear seat area, which is just behind the rear floor pans.

65s said:
I'm pretty sure the extra length is located just in front of the hump up to the rear seat area, which is just behind the rear floor pans.

Yes the added piece is in the rear just before the hump for the back seat. I believe it is about 4 1/2"

-
Back