floor plug kit help

-

340 swing

340swing
Reaction score
I purchased a floor plug kit and I can't figure out where 3 of them go. I posted a picture let me know if you can help. 1970 340 swinger automatic

PLUGS.JPG

The two on the left are plugs for the trunk extensions. They allow water to drain. Look under the car on either side of the trunk for them. Not sure on the large one. It may go in the bottom of the spare tire well.

trunkbimg.jpg

trunkfimg.jpg

Agree that left ones are trunk floor extension plugs. There is a large hole in the spare tire well, but the plug that goes in there is a different style than the one on the right. However, I would prefer to use the plug on the right, if it fits, than go without.

Thanks for the help. I know where to put the two smaller ones go now. The large one is bigger then the trunk floor holes and is made from a plastic not a rubber material. Has anyone seen this before.

Sure. There are plastic ones on the undercarriage below the rear seat, ahead of rear axle. They're only visible under the car and don't pass all the way through the body - just into a cavity. I don't think they're that big though and there's two. Crawl around under the car and look.

Looks like a plug for the firewall - maybe in the absence of clutch pedal linkage and boot, that big one might go there to plug the hole on an auto car. Either that or another hole in the firewall - that's my guess.

Edit - wait - the clutch one is oval isn't it?

The small plugs fit in the lower trunk extension panel.(thanks) I still don't see where the large round one goes. The bad thing is I took it out of the car and don't remember where it came from I have the old one on my bench. It sucks to get old the mind is the first thing to go.

how big is the large one? im at the point of removing body plugs for replacement perhaps i could help ya out. also whats the numbering and lettering on it?

The large plug is 3 inches across. There is a pentastar on it with the numbers.

I have two holes in the trunk. Are your plugs both rubber or is one rubber one plastic?

it goes in the spare tire well...the front ...there is 2 plugs on my 68 in the well

I agree, the largest plugs are from the tire well. I dont remember if they are plastic or rubber from the factory but repros arent all ways made right anyways. If the shoe (or plug) fits....

-
Back