Floor wiring covers

-

Dubob

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello all. Got a quick question for my 71 Demon. I bought this car as a roller with many boxes of parts. The PO had already done most of the sheet metal. And being as this is my first A Body this is one of the areas I'm not familiar with. I see ads for floor wiring covers I know what they do but have no idea where or how they install. I'm assuming they run the length of the floor in the passenger compartment adjacent to the inner rocker panel. My thoughts are they may be a good idea to keep the harness from getting stepped on under the carpet and that they may make a difference on the fitment of carpet. Does anyone have pictures of how they install and others thoughts on using them? Thanks for any feed back. Here's a picture I found of the actual parts.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 249
They just bend open to drop wiring in and bend back and secure under the inside edge of the rocker covers, they are at a 45 degree angle. They just tack in, I believe on the little tabs.

Thank you pauly, the tabs, from what I can tell, are tacked to the floor pan under the wire cover, sound correct?

Yes they are plug welded to the floor pan on those tabs. I put AMD ones in my car. The AMD ones have little stoppers where they butt up against the inner rocker.

Yes they are plug welded to the floor pan on those tabs. I put AMD ones in my car. The AMD ones have little stoppers where they butt up against the inner rocker.

I`ve never been able to figure out how someone could step on wires that are in that location~!!

When I replaced the floor pans I didn't put any back in. Instead I put the wiring in braided style of wire covering.

-
Back