Floorpans

-

maineak1970

Reaction score
A question on replacement. Do I need to purchase original designed pans or can I get away with just a straight sheet of metal. I'm not building a prize car just something to terrorize the streets with. Its a '64 Valiant. Thanks. :blob:

I did the floors on my 67 B`cuda and I`ve got to say that buying the floor pan was much easier than trying to cut and bend a sheet of metal to fit. I`m glad I bought the panels. I guess it depends on how much of your floor is in need of being replaced, if it`s just a couple of small areas then you could patch it. If it`s the entire floor then a panel would save you time, trouble, and look better.

Floor pan's tie your butt to the frame,

And if it was me Floor pan's would go in regardles.

who know's you may endup selling it to me :blob:

Just me.
But I have been guilty of doing it the other way too :headbang:

Its about $400 for 4 new pans or could I just buy 2 long sheetmetal pieces for a little over $100 and weld them in. Will this work?

the floors need to be stamped( all the little impressions and grooves) to have maximum strength with a thin enough gauge metal. flat sheetmetal wont be sturdy enough or conform well, seats wont fit right. $400? worth every penny.....

redfastback said:
the floors need to be stamped( all the little impressions and grooves) to have maximum strength with a thin enough gauge metal. flat sheetmetal wont be sturdy enough or conform well, seats wont fit right. $400? worth every penny.....

YUP!!!

I know a guy that did his out of sheet metal and the car sounded like a soda can going down the road. He ended up beating the floors with a hammer to distort them.

-
Back