Not open for further replies.

4fortyDemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Contact seller
Have a Floor shift style column with manual steering. Has key. Thought was a 70 only but after bouncing off of a few guys here -looks to be a later column that has a 70 top on it. Wiring looks a bit fried- will supply buyer with another pigtail. too. $100.00 plus shipping
Located in Molalla Oregon

Attachments

• dartwiring.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 235
  • IMAG0914.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 237
The bracket isn't a 70 bracket.

The mesh is not right, diamonds, for a 70 and I don't see the lock out arm.

Damn, your right! Diamonds. I forgot all about that. Well crap- now I don't know WTH to list it as. I bought it from a buddy for use on my project.
Thanks Cracked!!

The bracket isn't a 70 bracket.

The mesh is not right, diamonds, for a 70 and I don't see the lock out arm.

can i get some help .
70 columns do not have the safety lock.
it started in 71

this pic of my survivor 70 340 duster .
dont have it.

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 204
It's not on the column...

It's linkage from the reverse shifter lever on the trans. If you can take the key in your car out with the trans in any gear other than reverse, the linkage is missing.

The steering column has an arm on it much like an column auto shifted model that controls the lower collar. Twist that collar and the the key cylinder won't let you get the key out.

Grab a 70 FSM for a diagram of what it looks like.

Yup, 70 only has the lockout that looks like an auto column shift lever. The column in the picture looks like a 74 and up deal judging by the mesh pattern in the collapsible tube. Someone swapped on some 70 only column collars. Same with the two stud lower retainer - older ones had the 3rd stud toward the bottom of the collar - the one in the pic only has a 2 stud retainer.

can i get some help .
70 columns do not have the safety lock.
it started in 71

this pic of my survivor 70 340 duster .
dont have it.

Right - the lockout is down on the bottom of the column tube in the engine compartment, 71 they went with the cast in release lever on the bottom collar. 70 did not have the cast in release lever - the shift linkage is supposed to put it in reverse.

Here's a pic of the arm on a 70 column.

lockout.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back