Floppy mirror

-

Dustdevl340

Westie Dad & All Around Mopar Fanatic
Reaction score
My Duster has a manual driver's side mirror that flops around like a gaffed salmon. Is there any way to fix this short of replacing it? Otherwise it looks fine, just a little bit of pitting barely noticeable so I'd rather fix it then spend any money on a replacement.

Thanks for any help.

Steve

I read in Mopar Action magazine that a dab of Krazy Glue on the ball and rotate it around to spread it, should tighten it up

supposedly you can remove the mirror & there is 3 small screws that will tighten up the swivel. I believe there is a snap ring holding said mirror in place --good luck removing without breaking ,Lawrence

x2, I have successfully tightened more than a few by removing the mirror, removing the spring steel retainer that is held with s3 crews inside, cleaning/lubing and reassembling and tightening to my liking. This both gets rid of the slop, but also allows you to continue adjusting it when desired.

Picture here,

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=245130&highlight=mirror

My passenger mirror is floppy, I took it apart to fix it, lasted a lil bit but came loose again shortly after

I successfully tightened mine that way. I had to remove it and soak it with PB Blaster for a couple days, then cuss and swear a lot, but I got the screws loose. I put a small washer on the screws to take up some of the slack, then I put a dab of anti seize on them and cranked them down tight.

From another thread.....

I had the same problem, unfortunately you have to take out the mirrored glass to tighten it up. The problem I had was the glass broke when I attempted to remove it, so I got 2 new pieces of glass cut just in case. So if you can remove the glass without breaking it, it's easy. 2 small screws and tighten them to where the mirror has some friction but not to much, I also used some lock tight on them. 4 years later still good.

attachment.php

This was the mirror for the Demon.

-
Back