Florida fishing

-

'73red-duster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just got home from a fantastic fishing trip. Took 2 deep sea trips out of Destin Bay. Anyone wishing to do this, you can't go wrong with Capt. Greg Marler, on the Gentle Winds. He put us on some serious fish. Limited out on red snapper both days, plus cobia shark, bingo, mahi mahi,benita (bait fish, but fun as hell to catch), and had to release 7 big grouper,that weren't in season yet. What a blast!! By the way, the young lady in the picture, caught the most fish. That's me kneeling on the left.

Attachments

• Florida fishing 6-27-12.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 132
I had to look in this fishing trip thread, I thought you was fishing
fresh water closer to home :D
Looks like you made some good memories :happy2:
Looks like you hit it just right :-k I see blue skies :cheers:

Glad ya had fun nice catch [it's just Cobia they do look like sharks but they ain't] they are good eat'in fish as are snapper [did ya catch any grunts] they are great fried up if they are big enough,sorry about the grouper the laws are get'in pretty stupid about them. Have a nice vacation.

if you ever come to p.e.i. let me know i will take you giant bluefin tuna fishing . between 500 and 1150 pounds biggest one i caught was 1163 but caught many between 500-900 pounds .... now thats fun on a rod and reel. by the way nice catch

if you ever come to p.e.i. let me know i will take you giant bluefin tuna fishing . between 500 and 1150 pounds biggest one i caught was 1163 but caught many between 500-900 pounds .... now thats fun on a rod and reel. by the way nice catch

Jimmy pics are worth a thousand words!!! Never saw a 1000 lb tuna before, that would make a lot of tuna fish sandwiches .

M. Moe

Man, that would be fun!! Biggest fish I have caught was a 30+ lb amberjack. That would have to be one heck of a fight. Maybe, one day.

Sounds like a good time.I have done a charter about 3 years ago out of N.j. was also a good time.

-
Back