Florida Vacation / must see for a mopar & car guy

-

360duster

Reaction score
Hello Guys and Gals,

i´m planning a trip to florida this fall, end of November. Start and End point is Miami, have around 10 days to spend. Are there any suggestions regarding race tracks, museums, car shows etc. a car nut must see there? Otherwise, if there are suggestions regarding nice places or hotels to stay i´d listen carefully, too. Route is from Miami to the Florida keys, then west to Naples, Fort Myers, then Bradenton and maybe Saint Petersburg / Tampa, from there going east and back to Miami. If there are areas considered "no-go" then please let me know also. If a Fabo-member is on this route i´ll consider a visit of course!

Thanks in advance!

Michael

The end of November you will miss 2 big car shows. The show at the Garlits Museum (not sure of the date) and the Turkey Rod Run at the Daytona International Speedway, which is Thanksgiving weekend, Thursday-Sunday.

Go to Garlits Museum north of Tampa on I-75. Well worth the time it takes to run up there.

If you are there during Thanksgiving week (4th Thursday in November) go to the Turkey rod Run at Daytona Speedway. You can't see it all in one day! Hope you enjoy your stay.

:thumbsup:

Go to Garlits Museum north of Tampa on I-75. Well worth the time it takes to run up there.
[/URL]

If you are there during Thanksgiving week (4th Thursday in November) go to the Turkey rod Run at Daytona Speedway. You can't see it all in one day! Hope you enjoy your stay.

:thumbsup:
I second the Garlits museum!! I went in the 90's and it is cool for sure.

On the east coast you have The Kennedy Space Center and St Augustine (Americas oldest city), The Blue Angles homecoming November 2nd and 3rd in Pensacola which is in the extreme western panhandle of Florida.

The Navy Air Museum, Pensacola, is really worth the time. If you plan it right, you will even get to see the Blue Angels practice.

Any event at Bradenton motorsports park and/or any event at the Freedom Factory.

Hello Guys and Gals,

i´m planning a trip to florida this fall, end of November. Start and End point is Miami, have around 10 days to spend. Are there any suggestions regarding race tracks, museums, car shows etc. a car nut must see there? Otherwise, if there are suggestions regarding nice places or hotels to stay i´d listen carefully, too. Route is from Miami to the Florida keys, then west to Naples, Fort Myers, then Bradenton and maybe Saint Petersburg / Tampa, from there going east and back to Miami. If there are areas considered "no-go" then please let me know also. If a Fabo-member is on this route i´ll consider a visit of course!

Thanks in advance!

Michael
In my opinion I would stay away from Miami as much as possible. Last time I was there was pretty rough area. lot of chrime unless they cleaned it up.

-
Back