Flowcooler water pump

-

WildCat

Reaction score
It has been some time since I posted on my cooling issues

I took it to Wedan Street and Performance in Columbus, In. To tune and do the work I just didn't want to do, one change the water pump.

The car is running better than ever. Before the changes it would heat up and just keep climbing. Now it idle and get up to about 192 with normal outside temp. The other day it was about 95 outside and it run at 202 & at idle climbed to 220 in stop & go traffic.

Need to get fan shroud. To try and get it a little cooler. The Flowcooler water pump has anti cavity plate and on a standard 8 blade pump an additional 8 blades so a total of 16 vanes. Flowcooler claims that at idle it will flow 30-40 percent more and normal at cruise speed.

Is it worth the money, I would say yes.

The tune that Kevin put on it also helped a lot.

I had a flow cooler pump many years ago. The anti cavitation plates spot welds broke and Caused a good bit of issue. Flow cooler insisted it was my fault and told me "tuff luck."

Even though it helped out a lot, just like you described, I'll never use them again.

I have one on my built 340, engine rarely gets above 200 degrees, even in traffic on 97 deg day, infact, temp stays right at 180 most of the time. I have a stock 4-blade fan, original 22" rad with a hi-efficiency 2-core, no shroud. I have had the Flowkooler pump on since the engine was new so I don't know how much it helps but it must.

I have one on my stroker too, first time my car has ever ran too cool takes forever (20-30 minutes approx) to get up to operating temp, dual core aluminium radiator, tried to put in a clutch fan but it hits the radiator. I also have no shroud.
Rumblefish, how old was your flow cooler?? I hope they have that issue fixed as I don't like what happened to your's, mine is brand new so we'll have to see down the road....

-
Back