Flowmaster Selection

-

hemiduster

Reaction score
Hey guy's,

I have a 1970 Dart with a stock 360 and was looking for an exhaust to put on it. I want it to sound bad but not 1,000 mph when im going 20 mph. I kinda want to wake up the neighbors being that im a kid and loud cars are my thing. I heard the 40s are ok but the interior sound is deafining. What do you guys think?

Hey guy's,

I have a 1970 Dart with a stock 360 and was looking for an exhaust to put on it. I want it to sound bad but not 1,000 mph when im going 20 mph. I kinda want to wake up the neighbors being that im a kid and loud cars are my thing. I heard the 40s are ok but the interior sound is deafining. What do you guys think?

First, remove the rear seat and add some sound deadner material,
I suggest Flowmaster 50's, they are Still nice and Loud. ;)

I am using Dynomax Super Turbos, but I did Not want to wake the
locals up, LOL. I am almost 50, LOL.

headlinerproject64Valiant026Small.jpg

I am using 50 series delta flows with an x-pipe cross over. They have a nice rumble at idle and cruising but not loud enough gather unwanted attention and they are loud at WOT. Very little interior resonance at any speeds up to 75 mph where they start getting loud.

The delta flow 40's and 50's have less interior resanance the others. I have the delta flow 40 on my 03 hemi ram and is not too loud but gets loud when you mash the gas.

used to have a set of 3" 40series delta flow mufflers, if you live anywhere near me you can have them for free i hate them, they sound badass outside the car but i cant stand them anymore they make tons of resonance dont even whant to know how bad the original 40series are if these are suposed to be better... but if your motor has any kind of power and you want everyone to know about it they are just the thing for you if you can stand the stupid decibels inside the car....
dont take me wrong i have a car that will rattle windows everywhere i go and i want it that way but flowmasters are crap

I am using Dynomax Super Turbos, but I did Not want to wake the
locals up, LOL. I am almost 50, LOL.

Dude. I have Flowmaster 40's on my car and I'll be 50 this April. %$#@ the neighbors. I own a muscle car.

Now, that kid down the block with the 8 trillion watt stereo system in his Tahoe deserves to be beaten with a gym sock full of spark plugs..... You can actually SEE the truck vibrate when he lights it up, which is useful if your deaf because you can hear all the body seems rattling from a block away. That, my friends, is obnoxious noise.

BTW: I'm FatMatting the entire floorboard and firewall in my car.
Barracuda305-vi.jpg

a set of turbo mufflers will sound just fine and you can still have a conversation in the car. i found flows to be just annoying in the cab. so annoying that i got rid of them.

I have flomaster super 40's, 3", dumped before the axle running a 440. Don't remember if they were delta flow. Also used sound deadner! I love flowmasters.. They get my blood flowing. They would get anoying on a trip but in town, I like it loud!!!! Just my opinion!!! Jared

-
Back