Flowmaster super 10s on 340?

-

340Duster247

Reaction score
Hey are any of you guys using flow master 10s? If so.. How are you liking them?
Just trying to decide between them and original 40s.

Thanks guys!!!

10s are for racing only. You may as well run straight pipes. Lol. 40s are great though.

I had a set of stainless magnaflows...sounded good at idle but when you were on the pedal they had quite a loud blat....too loud for me and without that deep musclecar tone

just my 2c

I had super 10s on for awhile with no tail pipes 3" exhaust, might as well have been open exhaust BUT it had the same sound as 40s, just twice as loud. Awesome sound but very loud. Always always got compliments at traffic lights.

Nice. I'm trying to decide between them and original 40s. Love that flomaster sound

I run 40's and they are loud but not obnoxious. If you are one that likes the mellow tone go 3 chamber. Ill post video of mine soon so you get the idea.

If you can't hear it it ain't worth havin,got magnapacks on my cuda damn loud outside and inside,running a single chamber on my ram 4x4 360 it is loud in and out,our 2011 mustang is running magnaflow competition axle back pipes [basicly no mufflers just cats] it is loud. Everything i have had has been loud and obnoxious it's my personal preferance i have never been bothered by the law and i don't care about the neighbors [however my neighbors are cool] i'm their alarm clock. Flowmaster 40s are deeper tone and they sound good if you want a quieter sound, 10s are loud but not tinny and sound awsome if you like loud.

I had super 10s on for awhile with no tail pipes 3" exhaust, might as well have been open exhaust BUT it had the same sound as 40s, just twice as loud. Awesome sound but very loud. Always always got compliments at traffic lights.

Do you remember if you ran them with center inlet and outlet or were the offset in and out.

What is a good deep tone 3" muffler with high flow? Borla is what I had in mind...

here is my warmed over 383 with tti 1 3/4" full length headers into there 3" x-pipe exhaust with 40 series flows.

[ame=http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo147/johnnydart_photo/Drivingthedodge_zps405f25dd.mp4]
th_Drivingthedodge_zps405f25dd.jpg
[/ame]

I used the super 44's with 2.5 inch x pipe, tti headers dumped with turndowns at the axle on my hot street 318.

i have the 50 series on my built up 340 i like them

ill be putting the 10's on my 340 scamp sometime next week, 2 inch pipe true duals with no balance pipe. I'll put up a sound clip cause I'm very very picky about exhaust. before the scamp I had a 74 maverick that, in one years time, had around 17 different exhaust set ups on it.

I have dynomax on my Duster. HOLY BLATTY LOUD. I like the tone of the flowmaster 40s on my swinger better. Both 340s. JMO... We have a noise ordinance up here and the duster I have already been warned that it is to loud.

I was thinking of going with some Dynomax 24222 - Dynomax Race Bullet Mufflers or Dynomax 24238 - Dynomax Race Bullet Mufflers.
yes i know going to be loud but i am all ready hard of hearing at 55 years old just ask my wife and kids & grandkids . i was in fla at a N/T race an this guy had some on is car great sound just what i was looking for . i have flowmaster 40's on my old dart . just not what i am looking for.

Attachments

• 289-24238 mufflers.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 312
  • 289-24222mufflers.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 313
After posting my last post i found this Not to bad flowmasters for super 10's to 50's very nice vid

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO0fy2yBNoM"]Sound Testing: Flowmasters 8 Hottest Mufflers - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back