Flowtech headers in a Early A Body

-

KevinB

Reaction score
Has anyone tried it? I'm wondering if it will work since I'll be going with coilovers instead of torsion bars, and a rack and pinion so no centerlink.

You wanna spend dollurz on 'spension, and a tight rack, but want to install the cheapest, crappiest, molesting uncle-est headers in the game?

They STILL won't fit, they STILL leak, and you'll STILL be glad you tossed em in the garbage with the double hump heads and broken Pontiac con rods.

Flowtech headers are only good at two things; expelling spent dollars from your wallet, and making more expensive headers worth it.

I'd rather install manifolds from a Ford 351 Windsor on a Chrysler small block than risk catching a case of flowtechs on a trotline.

You wanna know if they will work?
They won't work. They're on unemployment, have ebt cards, and live in Section 8 housing.

Steer clear. you've got the right mods in mind for it.

Has anyone tried it? I'm wondering if it will work since I'll be going with coilovers instead of torsion bars, and a rack and pinion so no centerlink.
If the rack is going in the same location as the centerlink I would say you will have problems. I have the old PAW specials on my Duster, probably similar to the Flotec stuff and the clearance for tie rods, pittman and idler is really tight. Can't see the rack taking up less area. If it's mounted forward near front of engine area i don't think it will matter what headers you put on.

You wanna spend dollurz on 'spension, and a tight rack, but want to install the cheapest, crappiest, molesting uncle-est headers in the game?

They STILL won't fit, they STILL leak, and you'll STILL be glad you tossed em in the garbage with the double hump heads and broken Pontiac con rods.

Flowtech headers are only good at two things; expelling spent dollars from your wallet, and making more expensive headers worth it.

I'd rather install manifolds from a Ford 351 Windsor on a Chrysler small block than risk catching a case of flowtechs on a trotline.

You wanna know if they will work?
They won't work. They're on unemployment, have ebt cards, and live in Section 8 housing.

Steer clear. you've got the right mods in mind for it.

That's some funny stuff right there! I have seen both good and bad reviews on them so I have an unformed opinion...will take under advisement

If the rack is going in the same location as the centerlink I would say you will have problems. I have the old PAW specials on my Duster, probably similar to the Flotec stuff and the clearance for tie rods, pittman and idler is really tight. Can't see the rack taking up less area. If it's mounted forward near front of engine area i don't think it will matter what headers you put on.

Yeah the rack goes to the front, so I was really more concerned with the steering column/ujoint area, which is still pretty tight with coils and a rack

Block huggers might be your best bet

It depends on the application. I installed some Flow Tech on a friend's Ford truck similar to mine. 351M 4 speed truck, like mine. They almost installed themselves. Nice thick flanges. I even got a pair for my truck. They are nice.

But on a Mopar, they are bent like all the others. Hang low and the steering linkage has to run through. Never bothered me because I always ran at stock height, and I never minded removing stuff for install. But I have seen a line of crybabies that has no end bitching about them.

They don't even have a part number for the early A, so I wouldn't try it. Course, you won't be out much if you do.

-
Back