Fluid Recycling

-
Our city takes automotive fluids free of charge. Our local Oreilly's does also.

If you know anyone that has a waste oil heater they would also likely take it.

Look up your local household hazardous waste center . There's one across town from me they take all my used oil,antifreeze etc. no hassle and I don't even have to get out of the truck! Totally free also.

The Spokane Waste to Energy plant will take them. They have a company that comes out and recycles them.

Well, I take my used motor oil to the local Advanced Auto Parts where they have a tank you dump it into in the store. Although I probably shouldn't admit this, I dump ALL my fluids in the tank (tranny, antifreeze, etc.) but my containers (washer fluid bottles) are mainly used motor oil.

Seen on Craigslist up here there is a fellow looking for used oil for his waste oil heater......

I take my oil to one of the local parts stores (Auto Zone, O'Reilly's, Advance) but they don't take antifreeze. I found that the local salvage yard will take the antifreeze, however.

Theres an oilchange place in the next town over from me that will take ALL fluids, and better yet, you just dump them all into one vessel. Must have one of them fancy seperators!!

My next door neighbor used to work for Wynns, who invented the fluid scrubbing machines for anitfreeze. It was nice to take all my used antifreeze over there and have come back good as new. He's moved on now, but he did leave me his cat!!LOL!! Geof

Unfortunately, Pennsylvania stopped the hazardous materials recycling program due to budget cuts.
Some very good ideas.....thanks!

-
Back