Fly Swatter

-

xlexl

Reaction score
So it's finally warm in WA, which means its also flying insect time. Had a slew of them in the house this morning and decided to upgrade to a different style fly swatter. What other ingenious ways do you guys kill flying nuisances?

flyswatter.jpg

Damn. You might get a lot of collateral damage with that.

I was worried about that too at first, so sprayed outside to see the distance and pattern that came off of it. It throws about a 12" flame perfect for knocking them out of their circular pattern smack dab in the middle of the room, deff wouldn't spray it against a wall or ceiling though.

Ive used the CRC Brakleen brake parts cleaner for years. Its cheaper and way better than actual bug killer. ants, wasps, anything, it kills fast, and sprays a long way if you use the tube. Try it, youll like it. :shock:

I'm liable to burn the house down if it sprays much farther LOL...reminds me tried it a couple weeks ago on hornets nest under the eve's, not the greatest idea i've ever had. Didn't think about the paper-ish nest catching on fire lol.

I've found that a rolled up news paper with clear packing tape wrapped around it with the sticky side out works wonders. You can get them in mid flight, and, in most cases you only have to catch a little piece of them to get stuck to the tape.
It works great, it's cost effective, and if you have a pet frog, it works out even better!

I've found that a rolled up news paper with clear packing tape wrapped around it with the sticky side out works wonders. You can get them in mid flight, and, in most cases you only have to catch a little piece of them to get stuck to the tape.
It works great, it's cost effective, and if you have a pet frog, it works out even better!

That is a GREAT idea, think i'll try that next, not as fun as fire but not as potentially hazardous either :D

i just went after a mole with the brake cleaner! Im tellin ya, this s&*t works, and its non flammable so you wont burn the house down.:evil4:

right ..........what kind is he using ive damn near blown my self up one time with that
dart_doctor is thinking ..........owe my head lol

Fly swatter?

Attachments

• 100_3458 (Medium).jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 108
Thanks now I know what brand to stay away from :D
HAHA, non flammable, but kills just about anything you hit with it. So far ive got mice, the mole, wasps, and ants. The big black ants are amazing, you have to hit them a couple times before they go down, but it gets em!:lol::evil4:

I use a can of head liner adhesive...I spray them while they are airborne, they drop and the more they move they more stuck to themselves they get....then they die....I like watching them suffer, but i am sick that way...:toothy5:

-
Back