flywheel balancing

-

Reaction score
i'm buying a 72 demon 340 4 speed car and would like to swap out the 340 for my 408. i ordered a centerforce clutch to replace the stock one but i can't find a flywheel for an internally balanced assembly. can i have the stock one rebalanced? if i can't rebalance the flywheel then what year/ motor combo can i find one out of?

If your 408 is internally balanced and has a 6 bolt flange any 130 tooth nuetral balance should work, unless you want aluminum. Then you might want to go Jegs or Summit. Flywheels are on here all the time.

yes i understand i need a neautral balanced but what cars did they come on. thanks in advance.

10 1/2 inch clutchs and flywheel were used on 67-88 318's and steel crank 340's, 68,69,70 and 71's. Big blocks also used 10 1/2" flywheels on some of their builds. So look for Barracudas with 318's and 340's Darts, Dusters, Vailants, Demons, some pickup trucks (light duty 318's) any a body with a 318 manual trans. Be careful, there is a 11 inch flywheel and external balance ones too, mostly on Hi-Po big blocks and HD trucks. Look for them on the forum, there is always one for sale on here.

-
Back