Flywheel for Slant Six and 833 4 Speed??

-

DGrace

Reaction score
Hello all. This is actually for my 1984 Dodge D100. Replacing the 10" clutch and pressure plate and thought about replacing the flywheel also. It looks to be ok, no cracks, hot spots, or grooves, just thought while I was in there, just replace it and keep the original as a spare - maybe resurface it at some later point? Anyway, calling around the auto parts stores, and looking online, I can't find one anywhere!? I figured it would be the same as a car flywheel with the 225 and 4 speed combo so I thought someone on FABO could point me in the right direction? Sorry for posting a truck question - just running out of options and help. Thank you in advance for any input.

Hello all. This is actually for my 1984 Dodge D100. Replacing the 10" clutch and pressure plate and thought about replacing the flywheel also. It looks to be ok, no cracks, hot spots, or grooves, just thought while I was in there, just replace it and keep the original as a spare - maybe resurface it at some later point? Anyway, calling around the auto parts stores, and looking online, I can't find one anywhere!? I figured it would be the same as a car flywheel with the 225 and 4 speed combo so I thought someone on FABO could point me in the right direction? Sorry for posting a truck question - just running out of options and help. Thank you in advance for any input.

You won't find one. You have one. Use it.

Either have your resurfaced & use it or pick up one from one of our members to have it surfaced while your truck is still useable before replacing everything.

You have another option. If you're just dying to spend unnecessary money on a new one, get one for a 318 and slot that last hole to line it up. It works fine. Lots of people have done it.

You have another option. If you're just dying to spend unnecessary money on a new one, get one for a 318 and slot that last hole to line it up. It works fine. Lots of people have done it.
Not going to work...slant 6 flywheel he is asking about is 122 tooth ring gear, not 10.5" 130 tooth.

The only new flywheel available is billet steel, and not cheap. If you have a good wheel, I would just grind it and roll.

Regardless of cast or forged crank, /6 is neutral/internally balanced.

-
Back