flywheel identification

-

73dartsport1

Reaction score
the flywheel I bought from my Mopar friend for my 360 is not correct. Should have realized it by measuring it but I wasn't that smart. Had it resurfaced so want to know what it is so I might can sell it. It has 143 tooth ring gear, looks like inside diameter is 13.875", outside ring gear to outside ring gear is approximately 14.5". looking at the block side of the flywheel at the top of the ring gear is stamped 62 MM c, has three 1 1/8" wide dimples, and has the number 5 down below the 6 hole mounting bolts. had an 11" clutch and a Borg & Bec? pressure plate Mode 1649 with it. Year one says an aftermarket 143 teeth ring gear with 13.56" i.d. fits 67-69 383 & 440 engine. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

You need a 130 tooth, the dimples are for an externally balanced engine which is correct for the 360 unless it's internally balanced.

It sounds like you got yourself a 360 flywheel out of a truck. Some trucks came with a HD 11 inch 143 tooth flywheel for use with the New Process 435 4 speed.

It sounds like you got yourself a 360 flywheel out of a truck. Some trucks came with a HD 11 inch 143 tooth flywheel for use with the New Process 435 4 speed.
will those flywheels work on big blocks also ????

Well at least you can resell yours,I bought one for a 340,when I got it,it was a /6.Would be nice if someone had a chart that we could post,then a lot of problems would be avoided.

yeah if someone has a chart or can explain how to tell the differences in the flywheels it would be very helpful for alot of people including me.

will those flywheels work on big blocks also ????
Well, not a 11 inch flywheel that is balanced for a 360. OP wrote that his had three 1 1/8 dimples drilled in it. But a neutral balance 11 inch unit from say a 318 should be the same as a B or RB 143 tooth 11 inch flywheel. A neutral balance 10.5 inch 130 tooth flywheel is the same small block or big block*, so why wouldn't a neutral balance 11 inch flywheel be universal also. * six bolt flange, 8 bolt flange big block cranks- all bets are off.

-
Back