Flywheel options for 360

-

Muswagon

Reaction score
Is it workable to buy say a 318/340 flywheel from say 440 source and use the weight that I see all over ebay?

If not, what are you guys using for 360 flywheels?

130T for a 10.50 clutch

Have a stock 318/340 internal balance drilled out and balanced for a 360. My uncle did this, had a machine shop still 3 big holes in the back side for balance....I’m sure you can look this up on the interweb, that’s where he found out to do this

Check out Brewers Performance website online store 4 speed parts scroll to flywheels then new/reconditioned scroll down to FW598N $199.95 + $30.00 to modify for 1971-92 360 cast crank, they are the 4 speed gurus and Dan Brewer is an For A Bodies Only member and I think with that price no shipping but double check, it is what I am going to order 65 Dart and the engine you see in my profile pic. Tracey

The specs from Summit say Internal balance, 360 LA is external balance as is the 360 Magnum but different, I don't know if you can add a weight or not, I thought it had it had to be neutral balance but not sure, to eliminate the problems of adding the weight is why I am going with Brewers and getting it right the first time, a little extra money but I don't want to do it twice

The specs from Summit say Internal balance, 360 LA is external balance as is the 360 Magnum but different, I don't know if you can add a weight or not, I thought it had it had to be neutral balance but not sure, to eliminate the problems of adding the weight is why I am going with Brewers and getting it right the first time, a little extra money but I don't want to do it twice

yes I know, but the RM-531 can be used with an internal balance flywheel to externally balance it for a 360.

-
Back